Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Someone Hit ME!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2006, 04:31 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Default Someone Hit ME!!!!

BAD NEWS - While driving to work on the Parkway this morning .... Someone decided to stop (COMPLETELY STOP) while driving on the parkway to let someone get on from the entrance ramp. Of course everyone had to stop short, and everyone did - except for the guy behind ME!!! He hit right into my rear and BAMMM ! Of course it was an SUV that hit me...

My rear bumper is smashed up and now my trunk won't even latch! I'll post pic's later - it just hurts too much to look at them right now. Luckily none of the sheet metal got scratched or damaged at all it seems.

I went straight to the body shop that did work on another car I had and are unbelievable at what they do to see .... Looks like I won;t know until Tuesday how much $ they'll give - but should be enough to atleast have them replace my rear and (might as well also front / grill etc...) with a GT takeoff. Hell - why not at this point ! It just sucks!!! My car is going to be out for atleast a week and a half to 2! And from there it's going to the shop for the S/C right around that time! So I'll barely get to see my little pony this whole month!

Anyone know what the best place to get GT body takeoff would be ?? Please help .
-
-
-

Old 03-03-2006, 04:36 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Someone Hit ME!!!!

I read your post and got sick. Thankfully you are okay.

My husband found this on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

not sure if that is what you are looking for or not.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:45 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

Oh man...

I feel your pain!

I've been without my baby for 3 days now while they fix my hail dents and I am going absolutely NUTS!

I can't imagine going for nearly 2 weeks!

Best wishes man!
Old 03-03-2006, 04:48 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

That really sucks. Here is where you can the bumpers:

V6Mustangstuff.com
http://www.v6mustangstuff.com/05Exterior4.htm

Casco (this is where I got mine)
http://stores.ebay.com/Casco-Tech

Both are reputable, I would go with the one that has the lower shipping cost.
Old 03-03-2006, 04:56 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

sorry to hear what happened. I don't know what I'd do if someone hit me...
Old 03-03-2006, 05:03 PM
papichulo71487
1st Gear Member

sorry to ear that man i think i would die if somone hit me prob go of on the person that hit me
Old 03-03-2006, 05:44 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear that!! This might be a good time to go duals since you're getting the SC (if you don't have duals already).

As a strangely related side story(queue dream weaver music), I was at a mall and parked my stang in parallel parking so that no one would park next to me. I was only in for a few minutes and when I came out a pickup truck was parked in front of my stang with the bumper ON mine!! A large woman was just getting out and I asked her why she was parked "on" my car, her response was "Oh well..." I asked her about insurance and she said she didn't have any, she had too much going on to bother, etc. Then I woke up and I was SO RELIEVED that it was a friggin' dream! Like life isn't stressful enough that I've got to have dreams like this [:@] That was just this morning, and I had completely forgotten about it until I read this post.
Old 03-03-2006, 05:53 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

When Walmart effed up my two week old baby, I was torn. My mother was the one who took it to Walmart and she was crying like mad when she saw what they did. About 7 months later, I'm still driving around with that ding in my bumper. The heat actually caused it to pop itself out, so it's not as noticable... just barely getting it replaced.

Best of luck to you!
Old 03-04-2006, 12:53 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Oh no!. I am so sorry about what happened to your baby.
ORIGINAL: screaminyellin6

BAD NEWS - While driving to work on the Parkway this morning .... Someone decided to stop (COMPLETELY STOP) while driving on the parkway to let someone get on from the entrance ramp. Of course everyone had to stop short, and everyone did - except for the guy behind ME!!! He hit right into my rear and BAMMM ! Of course it was an SUV that hit me...

My rear bumper is smashed up and now my trunk won't even latch! I'll post pic's later - it just hurts too much to look at them right now. Luckily none of the sheet metal got scratched or damaged at all it seems.

I went straight to the body shop that did work on another car I had and are unbelievable at what they do to see .... Looks like I won;t know until Tuesday how much $ they'll give - but should be enough to atleast have them replace my rear and (might as well also front / grill etc...) with a GT takeoff. Hell - why not at this point ! It just sucks!!! My car is going to be out for atleast a week and a half to 2! And from there it's going to the shop for the S/C right around that time! So I'll barely get to see my little pony this whole month!

Anyone know what the best place to get GT body takeoff would be ?? Please help .
-
-
-

Old 03-04-2006, 02:09 AM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

iv' heard very good things about casco... except his email lol- CALL! good prices, well packed, and looks good

Quick Reply: Someone Hit ME!!!!