Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CDC light bar on the way...

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2006, 04:19 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Default CDC light bar on the way...

I finally got around to pulling the trigger on the CDC light bar. I'll post some installation pics and finished pics when it gets here, I'm looking forward to adding a little extra pizazz to the vert
Old 03-04-2006, 06:12 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: CDC light bar on the way...

Awesome! I want one for my vert too! I just wish they'd beef it up a little so it would satisfy track requirements. It would be fun to go to "track days", but you have to have an approved roll bar. I asked CDC about this but never heard back. Way to go! I'm envious. My birthday is just a couple of months away. Fingers are crossed.
Old 03-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Yeah, it's a shame they can't do a real rollbar. It would probably require 4 mounting points and some interior chopping, that's probably why they don't want to take it on. Their stuff seems to be mainly cosmetic. I mean, their hood pins aren't even real for crying out loud But I do like the style of the lightbar and have wanted one since getting my car. I've read through the instructions and it looks like a pretty simple installation, so it'll probably go on the evening that the box arrives
Old 03-04-2006, 07:00 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

I'm jealous! That is going to look sweet on your convertible Tres. Make sure you post pics (but don't make 'em look too good, I don't have $$$ to get one right now )

Hey Cayuse, I told you they were close... but it's still been too cold for me to slap the pony badges on.
Old 03-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

They're cool. This was basically the first thing I did to my 'vert after getting it, and still one of my favorites. I strongly endorse picking up WebElectrics lightbar switch as well. It's nice having the stop light on the bar switch itself off when the top is raised

[IMG]local://upfiles/20924/3140E158A2614F26BD50B0C538C45B10.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/20924/CE5902AF33254C68847A5ABE161A484C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 03-04-2006, 10:46 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop
I'm jealous! That is going to look sweet on your convertible Tres. Make sure you post pics (but don't make 'em look too good, I don't have $$$ to get one right now )
LOL! It doesn't matter how bad it looks on my car because it would look sweeet on yours, it would go with the black stripes I know I'm not helping much

ORIGINAL: WindVeil05DropTop
Hey Cayuse, I told you they were close... but it's still been too cold for me to slap the pony badges on.
Woah, I'm seeing double!! You're going to need that light bar so we can tell you guys apart Both of ya'lls cars look great

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

I strongly endorse picking up WebElectrics lightbar switch as well. It's nice having the stop light on the bar switch itself off when the top is raised
Thanks for the reminder, I was planning on ordering one of those switches. Nice job on yours, it looks great!
Old 03-05-2006, 12:20 AM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

There! I spun my car around so even I won't get confused as to who's car I'm looking at! Way to go Windveil05, as I have said before you have excellent taste in cars!
Old 03-06-2006, 01:30 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Switch is ordered. Just for grins I ordered a couple of headrest covers from these guys too:

http://www.granddesignmat.com/gallerymushrw.htm

I went with red sleeves with a black running pony.

Hopefully the light bar won't take long to ship, I'm rarin' to go
Old 03-06-2006, 02:36 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Switch is ordered. Just for grins I ordered a couple of headrest covers from these guys too:

http://www.granddesignmat.com/gallerymushrw.htm

I went with red sleeves with a black running pony.

Hopefully the light bar won't take long to ship, I'm rarin' to go
Great minds think alike I guess...I just shipped my headrest covers off Friday to HRE (http://www.headrestembroidery.com/) to have the pony and tribar embroidered on them
Old 03-06-2006, 05:17 AM
onefastv6
3rd Gear Member

that almost makes me want a vert.

Quick Reply: CDC light bar on the way...