Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

hehe

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 02:18 PM
muze one

Default RE: hehe

I constantly get looks from cops...not bad ones though! I'd of thought I'd have some tickets by now just because the car looks fast..and here in NY sometimes that's all it takes. But cops always give me the head nod and thumbs up!
Old 03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

I was headed to the mall with a couple friends last night. So I'm making a left turn from a light and I see a black stang, previous gen, riding my ***. I could almost see the white in the driver's eyes. So, when the lane splits into two, he darts to my right, pulls up to about even, and takes a look inside. Turns out it was a 99-04 GT, and he thought I was a GT. After he takes a look, he takes off. I wonder if he got a glimpse of my pony deck emblem and my 4.0 emblems.
Old 03-16-2006, 02:27 PM
Electrofied

Most of us in the Magnums and Chargers for that matter get challenged constantly. Even a buddy of mine in a 3.5 l V6 get challenged, then again he has the dual pipes, bagged, and flames on the car... lol

Some cars we just do not waste the gas on... others, whoo hoo...

It is always fun to have a srint with someone, especially, win or lose, if they are cool and not total jacks...
E
Old 03-16-2006, 02:55 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i'v had people stop in intersections and stuff to look at my car... kids nearly run out in front of me trying to get another look- and screaming "MY CAR MY CAR"... i also got flashed one day--- nearly wrecked
Old 03-16-2006, 03:02 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I've gotten quite a few comments and looks in the 2 months that I've had the car. The attention really escalated when I put on my upper and lower billet grille.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

I got this stupid thing in the mail to stop by my local chevy dealership, compare the number and see if I won a Tahoe.

So... I stop... all the sales guy came out to gawk at my car... One customer said "Too bad GM has nothing to compare to THIS!" While pointing at my car.

I was there for about 15 minutes, when the manager came out and broke up the party! - - - HE didn't like a Ford getting all the attention at a Chevy dealership.. HAHA
Old 03-16-2006, 03:14 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Electrofied

Good morning TNT and the rest of the Mustang Forums... One of us saw your post and pissed ourselves laughing. Yeah, we tend to drive them like we stole them... It is all good fun though. No matter if it is a 6 or an 8 we tend to enjoy our rides... I am sure it is the same with you guys.

Have a good one,
Electrofied
Hey, welcome to the "other side", LOL! I'm curious if you guys have the same V6 versus V8 wars on the Dodge forums? We try to chase off the GT guys when they start into their "holier than thou" stuff

I have yet to race my 'stang against anyone, it's just gotten far too risky here. Cops are EVERYWHERE and they do not take kindly to street racing. I've had some cars try to taunt me into a race, but I'm not as young as a I once was and don't feel the urge to show the world my taillights anymore
Old 03-16-2006, 03:29 PM
Electrofied

Morning Professor...
There are three main models to the LX series with several sub models... 300, charger, and Magnum... Each of those is available in 3.2, 3.5, 5.7, and 6.1 (SRT8) package. Of course there are a lot of trim packages and whatnot.

None of us on our forum have ever gotten into the V6 vs V8 thing. Mutual respect is pretty widespread in our circle.

For example, my friend has a 3.5 that is bagged, ghost flames, etc etc... it is a show car. Whereas mine is a 5.7 built for more go than show... that is not to say I have not dressed her up a bit... reason why I work two jobs. lol

I was originally going to buy a GT but it did not have enough cargo room, and I sure did not want a SUV so I went with the Magnum. I really do love the look of the new Stangs... I think Ford made a great move redigning the suspension and did a wonderful job with the retro body style.

I very much like the Rousch and Saleen packages available for the Stangs too. In fact, I am a bit jealous that the Magnum only has a couple of choices for body kits.

The plus to the GT IMO is more aftermarket support, as where the Magnums and Chargers are still wanting in that area.

We do all the stuff you guys dio, whether v6 or v8... headers, exhaust, intakes, computer, rims, etc etc... I think the most important thing to keep in mind, unless somone is being a total jack is the mutual love of the hobby/sport.

The large downside of the Magnums is their weight... Unloaded mine is 4132lbs... which is pretty standard. Thank gosh we have some torque lol.

I do not have the most updated pics for my Dirty Girl but you can see some of her at Electrofied's Dirty Girl.

She has the SuperMaxx Long Tube Headers, High Flow CAT's, CAI, 20" Forte Rims, additional tint, custom stereo, carbon fiber interior and exterior trimming, RK Sport functional fiberglass custom hood with carbon fiber overlay, under body and suspension LED's, interior LED's, computer mods, ceramic brake pads, Eibach Sportline drop springs, Hotchkis swaybars, Borla non-resonator exhaust, etc etc... yadda yadda LOL

Last weekend I completely debadged her, removed the stock side moldings with chrome (installing paint matched ones this weekend with no chrome, painted the air intake grill in the scoop flat black, and installed custom sub enclosures in the side pockets of the cargo area.

Some subtler mods I did where to replace the silver/chrome grill and headlight housings with the v6's black ones... the whole theme is black and red. The only mod I did that I am not too sure about yet is installing the LED tail light housings...

I think what I get the biggest kicks out of is how folks move outta my way, especially when the pipes are WOT. And the attention it gets in any parkinglot.

We are purely into it for the love of the automobile...

Have a good one,
E
Old 03-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Electrofied

I am strictly a Dodge and Ford guy... If I won a GM product I would sell it immediately...

You guys have some fine rides here...

Take care,
E

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

I got this stupid thing in the mail to stop by my local chevy dealership, compare the number and see if I won a Tahoe.

So... I stop... all the sales guy came out to gawk at my car... One customer said "Too bad GM has nothing to compare to THIS!" While pointing at my car.

I was there for about 15 minutes, when the manager came out and broke up the party! - - - HE didn't like a Ford getting all the attention at a Chevy dealership.. HAHA
Old 03-16-2006, 03:54 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Electrofied

It is always fun to have a srint with someone, especially, win or lose, if they are cool and not total jacks...
E
Always! Just last night, I was filling up with gas at about 10:30pm, and this guy pulls into the gas station (huge truck-stop-like place) in what was probably a late 80s fox body 5.0 GT. First thing he does is compliment me on my car, and I did the same since, especially compared to most fox bodies in northern Illinois, his was in great shape. About a minute later the guy asks, "hey dude, you want to make a run from the light after this?" So I told him mine is a 6, but sure, what the heck? I pretty much smoked him off the line up to the next stoplight...I don't know if he had bad injectors or what, but he seemed very sluggish off the line ... but at the next light he rolls down his window and says, "Those things are faster than I thought!" All friendly fun.

As an aside, I'm not a big fan of the Charger. HOWEVER...I saw this Charger "Super Bee" at the Chicago Auto Show last month, yellow and black, that was an AWESOME car. The Magnum, on the other hand, is one nice wagon. And the Challenger concept...cool beyond words.

Quick Reply: hehe