Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

lca's and panhead bar installed

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2006, 02:22 AM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: lca's and panhead bar installed

didn,t pull cats off, their still in their stock spot, put the X-pipe right about where the "Y" starts, then my 2 cheapey magnaflows...
you're running an x-pipe with the cats? interesting...
Old 03-12-2006, 02:41 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

o no? new thread comin to see what the^$&
Old 03-12-2006, 01:20 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

didn,t pull cats off, their still in their stock spot, put the X-pipe right about where the "Y" starts, then my 2 cheapey magnaflows...
you're running an x-pipe with the cats? interesting...
dont be surprised look under any relativly new vhicle with modded exhaust youll see H or X with the cats.. the crossovers help maintain a certian backpressure, they give you the sound of the total amount of cylinders out of each pipe out the tail pipes.. and they have other benifits..
the cats performance wise just restrict a bit of flow. .. so cats being there or not dont really have an affect on a X-pipes function
Old 03-20-2006, 12:44 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

question, lol... didnt wanna start a new thread for this..... cuase it prob was answered already in this but i figure i at least look, lol...

are lca's an easy install/upgrade to perform w/ basic hand tools in a driveway or anything?
Old 03-20-2006, 01:30 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

question, lol... didnt wanna start a new thread for this..... cuase it prob was answered already in this but i figure i at least look, lol...

are lca's an easy install/upgrade to perform w/ basic hand tools in a driveway or anything?
jack stands and jack
torque wrench (set everything to 75#)
15mm & 18mm wrenches and sockets
rubber mallet
grease gun

I thought install was easy, put the front part of new control arm in first, its a tight fit, then you can push the axel fairly easy to get rear lined up, everything together at one time should be able to do in an hour, the new BMR lca's I installed were almost half the weight of the stock ones but they make a big difference, with the panhead bar replacement as well, the rear doesn't fell "soft", I tested it out on some curvy road and some quick take offs, only thing is the "soft" front is seemingly more noticable, LOL, more stuff on the list, one other thing is they make some noise for some reason[sm=WTFsgign.gif]