Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Magnaflows, baby!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2006, 10:51 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

Default Magnaflows, baby!!!!

I'm putting my Mangaflow duals on tomorrow at 0900!!! I'm a little anxious because I'll have to cut my V6 bumper cover. I've got some good paper, painter's tape, and a dremel with all the gizmos. Oh well wish me the best.

I wonder how long it will take the wife to notice the difference ? I bet I get away with it for at least a week. She agreed to a new muffler; I just went a little overboard. Well, it is my money (of course ask her and that may not be the case).

Okay V6 owners, who all has cut their bumper? I may not get the GT Bumper afterall later on down the road and go with a small rear valance instead.
Old 03-14-2006, 10:55 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Magnaflows, baby!!!!

ORIGINAL: KiLLeR_WoMBaT

I wonder how long it will take the wife to notice the difference ? I bet I get away with it for at least a week. She agreed to a new muffler; I just went a little overboard. Well, it is my money (of course ask her and that may not be the case).

She will notice the difference when u start the car and its much much much louder than stock... lol
Old 03-14-2006, 11:01 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Did you get true duals, like a V6 mid pipe and GT Mag cats, or did you just get the V6 Mag cats?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:08 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jthorn9

Did you get true duals, like a V6 mid pipe and GT Mag cats, or did you just get the V6 Mag cats?
Not true duals yet. Still using the Y-Pipe. I'm going to change that down the road. It's their stainless steel version from the cats back with polished tips. Magnaflow part #16605
Old 03-14-2006, 11:11 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well not to get you down, but it's probably gonna sound ricy, as the new V6 Mag kit, like all V6 y pipe kits, suffer from high pitch ricy sound, because for some damn reason, when you converge your airflow to one pipe, then back to two, it just doesn't come out right. Granted, you'll sound quite a bit bette than stock, but don't expect too much of a rumble out of it.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:12 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

actually i have this kit and it doesnt sound ricy at all.... very deep tone and growl...... wait till it breaks in and it gets better...
Old 03-14-2006, 11:15 PM
jthorn9
The Godfather

Well your one of the first that I've heard that from, because I been PMed by like 13million people asking why are their V6 y pipe mags so damn ricey, and the few that did change their set up to an x pipe with GT mags fell in love so who knows.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:16 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

lol. i get compliments all the time on mine unless im a retard or something, lol i think it sounds pretty good. haha but to each his own.
Old 03-14-2006, 11:17 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76

actually i have this kit and it doesnt sound ricy at all.... very deep tone and growl...... wait till it breaks in and it gets better...
Whew! jthorn9 had me there for a second. I know it will NEVER sound like a V8 and that's cool. I just wanted the two exhausts really more than anything. I hope it sounds a little deeper than stock. Puleo76, how much louder than stock is your system?
Old 03-14-2006, 11:18 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

My wife got her first ride in mine, since the duals, this weekend..."it hurts my ears!" LMFAO

Quick Reply: Magnaflows, baby!!!!