Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i didn't know squat! but i'm learning

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 08:22 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: i dont know squat!

thanks tres i just spent about an hour with dave from express on the phone very cool guy. they are really close.
stock hood 4 hour install. weekend if your new at mods. pretty basic.
Old 03-16-2006, 08:28 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I think it's going to add more than 65hp. They are using an Eaton M90 for the Mustangs instead of the M62 they use for the Explorers and Rangers. The M62 gives you 74hp. The M90 will be capable of 9PSI, even though they don't recommend going over 6PSI without an intercooler.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:28 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

Does anyone know if this is going to be offered as a complete kit with fuel pump, injectors, tune, etc when it goes for sale? will they be offering an intercooled version to run the 9 psi?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 02pnygt

Does anyone know if this is going to be offered as a complete kit with fuel pump, injectors, tune, etc when it goes for sale? will they be offering an intercooled version to run the 9 psi?
Yes and no. Here's an email I got from them:

"Hi,

Thanks for posting the picture.

The preliminary prices are:
CA spec kit $3495.
Hi-po kit, includes 30 lb injectors, larger MAF, conical air filter and SCT Xcal tune $4195.

Both will ship as complete kits with no extra parts required. The instructions are very detailed with many photos.

The parts are ordered. We should have most of the big parts in a few weeks.

Thanks for your inquiry,
Dave Vanek
Explorer Express"

No on the intercooler. They recommend only running 6PSI. If you want to run 9PSI they recommend the Snow Performance water injection kit. I took a look at the water injection kit and it looks like it would be 10x harder to install than the supercharger itself! I'll just use nitrous, hehehe.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:37 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: afixer

yep thats the one im waiting for. not to big not to small J u s t R i g h t! it just looks so much more stock. not to bash any of the others msp or flap and such but, old school guy here i like the retro looks and that looks like it belongs on my car! and as far as power. not a big dragster but .... well lets just leave it at that.
you're right man. i like it because it reminds me of an old whipple-style blower, like on my dad's old funny car. i also wouldn't mind having a blower sticking out of the hood.

does the line "i'll drive that tanker" mean anything to you guys?
Old 03-16-2006, 09:37 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

Thanks. I would love to see them offer an intercooled kit. From what i have seen of the water injection stuff it can work pretty well but i have always heard that it is a pain in the butt to tune around.
So from what i'm reading are they saying that the stock fuel system other than the injectors is going to be sufficient to feed this setup. From my experience with the 4.6's i can't believe that you could safely run boost with out some kind of fuel pump upgrade.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:41 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 02pnygt

Thanks. I would love to see them offer an intercooled kit. From what i have seen of the water injection stuff it can work pretty well but i have always heard that it is a pain in the butt to tune around.
So from what i'm reading are they saying that the stock fuel system other than the injectors is going to be sufficient to feed this setup. From my experience with the 4.6's i can't believe that you could safely run boost with out some kind of fuel pump upgrade.
The V6 and V8 share the same fuel pump. 255LPH I think. It's good for about 350-400RWHP. The X-Charger probably won't quite make 300RWHP so the fuel pump will be fine. I would love an intercooled version as well.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:42 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

he said he was going to email me some specks and stuff. he is a very cool guy easy to talk to, he has a gt himself but is having fun setting up this. the ranger 4.0 is pretty much the same except for the intake he said. since i already have the xcal he also said it would be a few bucks cheaper. i like the no hood change and it comes with all the parts. should be a turn key install
Old 03-16-2006, 09:53 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

I did not realize they shared the same pump. That's good to know, makes me a little more comfortable looking at these kits now. I kept wondering why i wasn't seeing much involving the fuel pump. I did read somewhere that procharger recommends upgrading the fuel pump with their stage II set up though.
Old 03-16-2006, 09:55 PM
02pnygt
1st Gear Member

Keep us informed. I curious to find out more info about this setup. Any idea what they are going to sound like? My wife always loved the whine of the centri setup.

Quick Reply: i didn't know squat! but i'm learning