Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

B.S :^p

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2006, 12:36 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

Default RE: B.S :^p

im in grand forks rite now but working on getting the hell out of here. anyway, as for the exhaust i asked saleen about it and they gave me the necessary info to get the tips i need. the exhaust for the saleen is pretty steep. im gonna get resonated tips and a small muffler and then have it custom done to fit the center. my wife is supporting the whole kit EXCEPT the wing. she doesnt like it much. OH well.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:39 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

wow, those saleen front ends are mean as hell. although Im a big fan of the rousche rears. I wonder what those two kits would look like together.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:53 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I got saleen take off exhaust for $104 off ebay. I cant wait to put it on my car because of the way it goes straight through once ur above a certain back pressure.
Old 03-16-2006, 12:57 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I just gotta figure out how I'm going to modify this exhaust to put it on my v6. I'm thinking maybe chop the center out and weld a tip to each side so that they separate from each other. Anyone got ideas?
Old 03-16-2006, 01:34 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

The car show thing is untrue. I've beat V-8s at a couple of car shows last year and thats without any mod except for the stripes. It's all in the showman ship.
One show I got beat by a GT because they put a Saleen supercharger on even before Saleen released theirs (according to my dealer) because of the timing issues they were having
Old 03-16-2006, 01:40 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

fill in your stock hole and cut the center.. thats what iw ould do.. i priced checked a saleen dealer for it, they wante d 2000$.. loliwas like **** that.. yougot it fora hundred and sum!!!! man i gotta check out ebay mor often
Old 03-16-2006, 02:21 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

looks good, but i think you will need some power to back yourself up
Old 03-16-2006, 02:40 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

hey blackfoot the problem with doing that is there is no room in the rear center of the V6 cars. The space between the bumper cover and the metal trunk lining is about 2"
Also if you study the picture I posted you will notice how far the pipes come out from the muffler. The system was designed for the saleen body kit which makes the car 6" longer. The saleen rear bumper cover sticks out a tremendous amount more than the stock piece. The only solution I can come out with is cut the center portion out(exhaust piping) and the tips as well. Some how reattach the tips to both the regular outgoing pipe AND the secondary pipe that turn on at high pressure. This would make the exhaust sit in the same place GT duals do with having the flat tips that I want so bad.
Old 03-16-2006, 03:06 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I like the Saleens and applaud you for taking on such a big project I wouldn't do it myself, but hey, we each have our own ideas on where to take our cars. I think as long as you don't try to make it look EXACTLY like a Saleen it could be cool. Go with different wheels (I don't like the chrome Saleen wheels either), don't put the Saleen badging on there, etc. I agree with your wife about the rear spoiler, I think it would look better without it. That might be one way of setting your car apart.
Old 03-16-2006, 04:12 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

im still undecided on the saleen spoiler but i am actually leaning towards not getting it at all. as for the saleen looking a bit different, it will. im actually taking some ideas off teh saleen s7 and contemplating using it for the mustang saleen. i currently have body scoops. i have xenon window scoops being painted along with a boss style hood scoop. anyway, the ideas i wanna fiddle with are like this. the S7 has a small opening in the hood. well, i have a hood scoop. then i got to thinking that the S7 also has a real sleek looking roof scoop. granted that this particular scoop is actually a functional scoop for intake air to the S7's engine bay but i was thinking that if its a saleen that maybe i should try to make my car more like an S7. its just an idea rite now but the more i think about it the more stylish it will be simply cuz it will not have been done. the mustang kit has many of the features of teh s7 in alot of ways, so to take that to the next step would be a tribute to the all american bad *** (S7 i mean). nothings final except me getting the kit but if i do it.... rest assured i wont stop until i have made steve saleen himself proud of my little 6. there is always hope for something new and better, and my ideas will always be changing. maybe its something i do later on, only time will tell. anyway, what ideas do you guys have for rims? i really like these. what do you think?

Quick Reply: B.S :^p