Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger + Nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2006, 04:15 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

Default Supercharger + Nitrous?

I was wondering if I already have the Zex nitrous, would it work if I would add a supercharger down the road. I know that the turbo charger would work great with nitrous but would a supercharger work?
Old 03-18-2006, 04:21 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger + Nitrous?

ORIGINAL: MHShockey30

I was wondering if I already have the Zex nitrous, would it work if I would add a supercharger down the road. I know that the turbo charger would work great with nitrous but would a supercharger work?
There are some guys at my shop that use Nitrous to actually cool the SC. So I'm sure it is possible.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:22 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

with a stock bottom end... i think that would be pushing it. But someone might dissagree with me. id throw in some forged pistons in just to be on the safe side.

Edit: probably depends at what psi and what shot of nitrous your running.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:26 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

That would work great. You'd want to use a very small shot of nitrous though, like a 55 shot. And you'd need a proper tune. I wouldn't try to push past 400RWHP with a stock block though.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:28 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

I wanted to keep my nitrous but I also want something that will give the power of turbo or supercharger. I know I can up the shot of my nitrous because im only using the 75 shot now but is there any other power adders out there that would go good with my nitrous?
Old 03-18-2006, 04:33 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: MHShockey30

I wanted to keep my nitrous but I also want something that will give the power of turbo or supercharger. I know I can up the shot of my nitrous because im only using the 75 shot now but is there any other power adders out there that would go good with my nitrous?
I know where you're coming from. I have nitrous but only use it at the track. I want something that will give me power all the time. You might want to consider the X-Charger. It gives you the power down low. I like the ProCharger also. I really like the Powerhouse turbo though. I'm probably going to get it when it comes out.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:37 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

I also checked out the STS Turbo, it replaces your mufflers (I think). They don't have one advertised for the V6, yet. It's supposed to be a good turbo.
Old 03-18-2006, 04:59 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: omer333

I also checked out the STS Turbo, it replaces your mufflers (I think). They don't have one advertised for the V6, yet. It's supposed to be a good turbo.
they have it, not on their site tho.. call them up, if im not mistaken i saw it in a magazine
Old 03-18-2006, 05:01 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

ORIGINAL: omer333

they have it, not on their site tho.. call them up, if im not mistaken i saw it in a magazine
They built a twin turbo V6 for SEMA. I don't know if they have any plans to produce it though.
Old 03-18-2006, 05:03 PM
MHShockey30
2nd Gear Member

I really was leaning towards the turbo, I just want something that will have power when I want it, and not have to push a button and install a custom tune like the nitrous requires. Even though the supercharger is cheaper I think the powerhouse turbo would be the best option yet.

Quick Reply: Supercharger + Nitrous?