Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

This sucks!

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 10:45 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: This sucks!

i would have been as specific as i could be if i were 2 list this....

i would have made sure to say... rims only or all 4 rims w/ tires or all for rims and no tires...

i sold my rims ..... not tires on ebay for 325... i sold my tires seperate on ebay for 200, pickup only.
Old 03-21-2006, 11:01 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

well, I was looking to see what other people have done on ebay, and a lot do call the rims "wheels". The big difference is that they show the rims without the tires on them. The guy I bought these from really should've taken a picture of them before he put them into the boxes.

I asked him I could return them, but I have some other options I might not even return them at all because it'll cost me more money to do that.

1.) keep these and get the Pirelli's Tres linked to - those would be $275 + $80 s&h. I didn't plan on spending $650 on tires & rims, but what am I going to do?

2.) sell these rims, then find a package deal for cheaper. You would think that would work, but it's probably going to be another hassle anyway...

Let's face it, what's really going to happen is that I'll keep these, get the Pirelli's and then charge the C&L and the tune. I have a pair of MRTs & headers sitting in my hallway waiting to be installed too. I ordered them a month ago, and I'm still waiting on my Pro-Chamber to come in. All of this waiting is killing me - God, the mod bug has bitten! (hey, I've always wanted a Mustang - I might as well go all out, right? )

Old 03-21-2006, 11:02 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Puleo76
i sold my rims ..... not tires on ebay for 325...
hey wait a minute! jk
Old 03-22-2006, 03:04 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

lol, if i were u and since u seem like ur gonna just bite the bullet and keep them... save for some awesome tires.... instead of getting the pirellis and im sure u could find the pirellis on ebay cheap.... new prob... lol look around and im sure u can find em. lol
Old 03-22-2006, 12:21 PM
WindVeil05DropTop
2nd Gear Member

Yeah,
If you're keeping the rims and buying tires, I would recommend getting a more performance oriented tire. The Pirelli's are very very nice for all season tires, but still are no match for a nice set of performance tires.

Then if you get some nice performance (summer only) tires, you can reuse the stock wheels/tires in the winter if need be.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:16 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

OK...I'm back, I made it to Ft. Hood Tx all the way from Ft. Campell Ky. a little over 825 miles, I averaged just over 28 miles/gallon crusing at 70-80 MPH with a few bursts to the speed limiter kicked in. I got pulled over only once, but the cop let me go once he found out I was in the military. I think he just wanted to check out the car really because at the time I was only doing 77 in a 70MPH zone. Anyway I finally picked up my GT Bumpers and Side Skirts, and (2) GT muflers that I got off e-bay for $250.00. Everyone please do some research when shopping onE-bay. I have seen so many people selling stuff for 94-06 Mustangs....those of us that have any experiance know that the 05-06 are all new and not to many parts will interchange with the 94-04 Mustangs. Especially Wheels or Rims whatever you want to call them. My point is ALWAYS....ALWAYS do research and ask lots of questions. If the seller will not answer your questions or gives you the run around steer clear of them reguardless of their rating. I got one Hell of a deal on the parts that I have bought on E-bay and I am sure others have as well. The best place for the GT wheels and tires combo is saleen. No one can compete with his price I have searched and search and done tons of searching for the best deal for GT wheels&tires. If someone knows of a better deal Please let me know.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:22 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

the police are that **** about the speed limit?!!

our law is that the police cant give you a ticket for speeding if its up to 15km over the limit...

i know when i went to binghamton last september i was doing like 75mph the whole way on I-81 and iw as nervous about getting pulled 1- for being 10 over the limit 2- for being from canada... (dunno maybe a cop had a bone to pick?) never got pulled over tho. lot of cars were passing me, and there were lots of cops on the road.. i was confused putting the situation together so i decided not to push my luck lol
Old 03-23-2006, 10:37 AM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cstigger04

The best place for the GT wheels and tires combo is saleen. No one can compete with his price I have searched and search and done tons of searching for the best deal for GT wheels&tires. If someone knows of a better deal Please let me know.
Yeah, I know they have the best price, but I didn't want the bullitts.

I wound up ordering tires from Casco with the link Tres put up. I'm biting the bullet, but it's more like a handgun bullet than one from a shotgun. I'm trying to decide if I should get the C&L and the tuner now.
Old 03-23-2006, 04:11 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

That seller was very misleading all though he said wheels which means just the rims. Now if worse comes to worse I say you can repost them on ebay and sell the to somebody and a lose maybe ten or maybe twenty bucks. This is if he doesn't want to send you the tires. Maybe throw a little negative feedback his way, then you can just win another bid for a decent price and then you're good to go(this time with tires).