Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Warranty and performance upgrades

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2006, 08:06 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Default RE: Warranty and performance upgrades

This type of thread has been posted a zillion times. Here's the law regarding warranties
http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/conline/pubs/...s/warranty.htm

Summary, replacement of an OEM part with an aftermarket part only voids the factory warranty on the OEM part you replaced...because it's no longer OEM (DUH)

If said aftermarket part causes another OEM part to fail, then the related OEM part warranty is also voided (double duh) However they -the dealer - must prove (here's where people get fugged up) that the aftermarket part CAUSED the failure of said OEM part before they can void any warranties on related parts.

Have fun modding!
Old 03-23-2006, 08:13 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

I would imagine if you get certain items that are FORD PERFORMANCE RACING parts, and you get them installed at the dealership, that wouldn't void your warranty...
Old 03-23-2006, 09:12 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

hey, Harry_F, i reallylike the way you said exactly what i said one post above.

TECHNICALLY thaymust prove it BUT they dont have to prove it, they can just say *that* caused *this* to fail, and what can you do to contest that? nothing, like i said earlier court=money. so youjust have to find the right dealer with a cool service guy, if he is a doushe, than your going to have to pay for it.

nothsa: the tuner definately VOIDS your warranty on pretty much anything that fails that is connected to the ecu ie; engine. if you screw the tune your engine will be screwed, ie: timing, A/F, ....... im getting one anyway but if it screws something up im screwed.
Old 03-23-2006, 10:26 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

hey, Harry_F, i reallylike the way you said exactly what i said one post above.

TECHNICALLY thaymust prove it BUT they dont have to prove it, they can just say *that* caused *this* to fail, and what can you do to contest that? nothing, like i said earlier court=money. so youjust have to find the right dealer with a cool service guy, if he is a doushe, than your going to have to pay for it.

nothsa: the tuner definately VOIDS your warranty on pretty much anything that fails that is connected to the ecu ie; engine. if you screw the tune your engine will be screwed, ie: timing, A/F, ....... im getting one anyway but if it screws something up im screwed.

I took my car in for a bad Throttle Position Sensor... I had my Nitrous Tune loaded in the car... I had my Zex Nitrous kit still connected including the wire that SPLICES into the Throttle Position Sensor... Dealership replaced the TPS... no questions asked...

Even if the dealershp can tell the ECU has been reflashed (which I still doubt my dearlership would ever be able to do... LOL) there is no way they can prove that I reflashed it... The dealership was supposed to reflashed my ECU when they replaced the TPS...

Old 03-24-2006, 12:01 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Hmm.. okay then what tuner and intake to buy diablo or SCT II and also U.D pulleys they have them for our cars now and im an auto so do i have to do anything special with the tune. and will i even notice a gain my friend put a procharger in his v6 auto along with some other stuff and its decent on speed and acceleration.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Big Red
2nd Gear Member

Maybe the changes you make to the computer are logged somewhere?
Old 03-24-2006, 04:59 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

yeah scrming, thats the one thing he didnt copy from my earlier posts. LOL yeah i donk know how they can tell but when i talked to the guys they said they could. No idae how but i believe them. yeah it could log it somewhere or something, i dont think it has anything to do with rebooting. Apparently your service guy is pretty cool!

wait, its descent? 350 hp and descent, i hate to think what you think about your cars acceleration!!! LOL
Old 03-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

its decent for a sports car i mean porsche makes 500+ from a 6 cylinder or inline 6 im used to my dads car so 350 is decent to moderately quick and my cars accel. is in my opinion considered decent. sorry your right 350 is more that decent.
Old 03-24-2006, 10:11 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

if they ask, say your battery died.. computer reflashed itself when you boosted
Old 03-24-2006, 10:34 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

So when if I where to disconnect the car from the battery before i take it back to the dealership, the ECU will be reflashed? and will their be any traces of the ecu being reprogramed or reflashed with a aftermarket system lets say lidio for example? My warranty won't be voided will it?

another question; Are the chances of something wrong related to the retune worth the advantages it brings?

I've asked this question a couple times and still hasn't been answered, I have a stick and i can tell that their is a little throttle lag will the say lidio tune and C&L be worth it?

Quick Reply: Warranty and performance upgrades