Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

lookin DAMN good

Old 03-25-2006, 08:48 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

Default lookin DAMN good

hey all, i figured that you guys have been such a help and are pretty damn cool also that i'd share some pix with you. i did the install myself and it took some time but it was SOO worth it. i love the new look of the stang. i hope that you all like it. i added xenon window scoops and also the boss 429 style hood scoop. after speaking with the wifey we have both agreed the look kicks *** so i have postponed the saleen kit and we think it best to back up the look for those days we have some guys or gals who wanna run.

Old 03-25-2006, 08:50 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: lookin DAMN good

Looks great! I really dig the scoop and the ducktail! Nice job!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:53 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You did an amazing job with that car, my hats off to you man. Absolutely beautiful stang you got there. I got that same hood scoop collecting dust in my garage, hmmmm. Love the fogs!
Old 03-25-2006, 08:56 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Those Xenon Cpillars look a lot better than I thought. That is one tough looking stang, I am really impressed with it! Love the license plate!
Old 03-25-2006, 09:01 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

thanks man. i can personally say that i prefer teh look and the material used on the xenon window scoops over the cervinis w.s i had before. i literally had one rip off the car going down the highway. i never did find it. the material used for the scoops is to stiff and wouldnt fit the body contours as well as the xenon does. after installing the body scoops and seeing how ply-able they are i decided they would be better suited for window scoop duty. as for the plates... i got sick of peeps asking if it was a 6 or an 8. now peeps see the plate and say "is it really a 6?!" its funny actually. i got mad with the question "why didnt you get a v8?" and now they think im lying about it. i cant seem to win, but oh well. thanks again for the compliments.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:05 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

thanks man. i can personally say that i prefer teh look and the material used on the xenon window scoops over the cervinis w.s i had before. i literally had one rip off the car going down the highway. i never did find it. the material used for the scoops is to stiff and wouldnt fit the body contours as well as the xenon does. after installing the body scoops and seeing how ply-able they are i decided they would be better suited for window scoop duty. as for the plates... i got sick of peeps asking if it was a 6 or an 8. now peeps see the plate and say "is it really a 6?!" its funny actually. i got mad with the question "why didnt you get a v8?" and now they think im lying about it. i cant seem to win, but oh well. thanks again for the compliments.
ROFL. I know how you feel man! So, whats the plan for your wheels???? I'm sure you are shopping for them.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:10 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

can i ask one of you a favor though? if anyone has teh time can you p-chop some rims and lower the car so i have a better idea of what rims i wanna roll with?

Konig Beyond's

Falken Koblenz

Old 03-25-2006, 09:44 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

Man, your ride looks bitchin'! Good work on the scoops.

I want to ask about the fog lights. I'm working on a similar project. I bought a second grille and am working on installing some 4" fog/driving lights in it. I've got some good stuff going, but it's like every week is another step in the right direction. Did you mount the lights in that location becuse the grille is open there instead of on the ends where it is solid? Could you post some pictures of the back side or just up closer?

I'm going to put them on the ends kind of like the GT lights...but no where as big so you can tell the difference. I think it's really going to come out good. I've even got some custom grommets to seat them in.
Old 03-25-2006, 09:54 PM
Puerto Rico 4.6
3rd Gear Member

Great looking car. I got the same window and body scoops xcept that my car has no spoiler. The xenons have a great fit and finish.
Old 03-25-2006, 10:02 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

well i had only one grill to work with so what i had to do to get the look you see was i had to remove part of the grill. the depth of the fogs made them stick out too far so to cure that problem i had to make a sacrifice. the mounts for the fogs are black so i simply mounted them to the bottom of the grill and then once i had them where i wanted i cut the screws so it would not scratch teh body work when i put it back together. my recommendation for your fog set up would be to use the solid piece at the ends of the grill. what you should do is go 2 home depot or lowes and get teh drill bit with the circular saw pattern attached to it. its used alot in wood working but for the type of plastic youd be drilling through it should be just fine. you could get yourself the 4 inch circular hole cutter then you can mount the lites and then cover up the screws holding the fogs in place with an after market bezel. in my opinion, that would be the best route to take. just an idea though.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: lookin DAMN good