Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2006, 11:38 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!

lmao there is no way a GT would win with both experianced drivers or inexperianced drivers behind the wheel.. the power difference is too much.. the GT would have to have a few car lengths (like they do on pinks to stand a chance)
Old 03-26-2006, 12:03 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey flapjack those are some sick numbers, I cant see your dyno run though and I tried downloading the quicktime alternative and it wouldnt let me says I need a patch, could you just post your dyno run on streetfire.net or putfile.
Old 03-26-2006, 09:18 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

@TheBest159

Yes. It was a fairly generic tune from RPM Outlet, who I ordered the kit from.

@Jimp

It wasn't bad at all. The hardest part was finding a jar that would fit underneath the blower, but still hold 6oz. I ended up with a jam jar that the wifey had stashed in the cupboard for future use. There were like 50 jars in there... labels removed and all... she'll never miss one.

@Torch_Vert

Very good points. The only other thing that would help is the fact that the GT has better suspension and already comes with an LSD. I've taken care of the LSD part (with a TrueTrac), but I still have stock suspension. I don't think it would be enough to beat me though. It sure wasn't enough the other night at a stop light. I smoked a yellow (05?) GT all the way to the next light. Wary of the coppers, I let him leave first the second time and didn't even try. I actually wanted a look at his exhaust, which was obviously not stock (LOUD!). Of course, we never got anywhere near 1/4 mile speed... so one could argue that. I can tell you though... if we had an empty road and the law on our side, he'd have seen nothing but taillights!

@Justin_R

You couldn't download QTA, couldn't install it, or installed it but it didn't work. If you couldn't install it, let me know and I'll set it up on my site for you to download. Just PM me.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:54 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Woah, those are some HUGE numbers!!! Congrats, that's very impressive!
Old 03-28-2006, 05:27 PM
SwtPnyChick
Lady Luck

Torch - I agree...[sm=boohoo.gif]

But at least it's something to look forward to and a little upper hand on the GT guys...not that we don't love ya.

ORIGINAL: Torch_Vert

As for you Mr. Flapjack, your reporting is terribly hard on those of us trying to resist the forced induction route for a little while

Old 03-28-2006, 07:26 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

Woah, those are some HUGE numbers!!! Congrats, that's very impressive!
Thanks Tres. I'm very happy with my setup.
Old 03-30-2006, 01:22 PM
cman332001
1st Gear Member

Very good numbers.. and the good thing unlike the other guys hitting the bottle is - u have the power all the time!!

My question is with the recent tune u got in Denver did they also "fix" the problems u were seeing at high alt. plus cold temp?

Or did they just net u 7hp more?

Old 03-30-2006, 02:45 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

The car runs smoother, and feels peppier than the 7 hp would make you think you'd feel, but I'm still having random problems with the wrench light.

Scott and Joe @ Mile High are working on it now. It turns out it had nothing to do with the car running lean, as I originally thought. It has to do with the engine's torque management. There's a table of acceptable torque levels at various rpms which needs further editing. If the car senses too much torque at a given rpm, it'll trip that light and throw the car into a fail safe mode.
Old 03-30-2006, 02:51 PM
cman332001
1st Gear Member

Ok so then temp had nothing to do.... cool i was wondering... I thought the tune that came with the SC was properly tuned for the HP/Tq increase and such.... sounds like ATI's tune is not full proof then or do you think it is due to setup differences with your car?

Old 03-30-2006, 02:59 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Well, it's not ATI's tune, it's RPM Outlet's. I have a feeling it's either something unique with my car, or the altitude. They've already shipped a few of these systems and had no other problems. I've tried a variety of tunes, and all have done the same thing. Even the custom tune I received from Mile High Dyno. I really hope something is not wrong with my car.

One thing that makes me worry it's the car, I've been searching for the trouble codes in my computer, and I've found more than a few new GT owners with the same problem... and they're still N/A! They ended up bringing the car back to Ford for a fix. Scott has assured me it can be fixed w/o going to Ford, though. They're actually working with Diablo to figure it out.

Functionality-wise, it's not really a big deal. It doesn't happen frequently enough to really upset me. It's just once in a while. With the GT guys, it seems to be happening so much it's hard to even enjoy driving the car. Thank God that's not the case with me. I just spanked the hell out of a 300Z yesterday!

Quick Reply: Flapjack's ProCharger Dyno Run!