Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Buzzing/vibrating

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 02:43 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default Buzzing/vibrating

Okay..I have had the exhaust in now for almost a week. There is a buzzing/vibrating when I am taking off (not fast but a slow roll) anything above that or below that it doesn't do it. My husband said that on the stock exhaust there was like a resonator but on the JBA exhaust there isn't. He said it is secure..nothing loose, etc.

Any thoughts...suggestions.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:01 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Buzzing/vibrating

When I had JBA exhaust on mine it didnt rattle at all.
Old 03-28-2006, 03:06 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

When I had JBA exhaust on mine it didnt rattle at all.
GOOD!
Old 03-28-2006, 03:07 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

is it very very annoying and even at idle u hear it? if so... its prob the muffler hitting against the spare tire well and u gotta like stick a piece of cardboard in the prob area and then tighten up the bolts ... then take it out and try it out
Old 03-28-2006, 03:16 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Had this problem when I got my magnaflows. It's like heavy vibration, right? Followed by a nasty groan?

The stock hangars were loose.. or maybe they were angled at the spare tire, even after my muffler shop adjusted and tightened, the vibration/droning wouldn't go away.. and it was terrible.

They had to pull of the stock hangar (for the driver side) and weld their own metal slab.
Old 03-28-2006, 04:07 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

It is not a heavy vibration but it is more like a buzzing to me. For instance, I ran home for lunch and had the windows down and it sounded almost like a bee in a soda can (LOL) but then when I came back it didn't do it at all. I was going to give it a good kick (j/k) to see if it would stop.

I called JBA tech support. They said for my husband to hold the exhaust in his hands (when it is cooled off) and have me give it some gas that sometimes you can feel if it is loose that way especially when there is air pushing through it. The other thing to check was the axel but that was confusing to me because it is axel back..i assumed that meant it was from the axel to the back of the car. The tech said to check the pipe over the axel and work the way back.

I will have the hubby check those things as well as Puleo's and Spartan's suggestions.

Other than that..it sounds great and will get a sound clip posted.
Old 04-09-2006, 04:12 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Buzzing/vibrating - update

Finally got rid of the buzzing/vibration. The clamp that JBA sent with the exhaust didn't tighten down and there was an exhaust leak. My husband went and bought a diffent clamp and re-did the entire exhaust and what a difference.

Acceleration and sound are completely different.