Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Warranty Question

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2006, 06:25 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

Default Warranty Question

So I noticed a scratch at the top of my drivers side window, and I was wondering if that is something that would be covered by warranty or is that something I will just have to live with.

On a slightly diffrent note. How is it that dealerships get away with screwing those blasted plates on the front bumper that says their name on it. It seems to me that if I order a brand new car from the factory so it will be just the way I want it they shouldnt put two holes in the car before I even drive it off the lot.
Old 03-28-2006, 06:30 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Warranty Question

lol that would make me angry, but front licence plates are law here in ontario
Old 03-28-2006, 09:02 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

ditto, VA both front and rear required ;( too many damn laws here.
Old 03-28-2006, 09:08 PM
MaddieMustang
1st Gear Member

yup... i'm in VA Beach, VA and well, there are WAYYYY too many laws... about EVERYTHING!! License plates on front & back is one of them.
Old 03-29-2006, 10:30 AM
RedFireChik
1st Gear Member

What type of scratch? Are your windows tinted and the tint is scratched? Or is the window itself scratched? There were some issues with the little felt strip being "left out" or "defective" in the windows. The dealer had my windows tinted the day I bought it, and due to the "defect", my tint is ruined, but I am having a hard time getting them to cover having it re-done. However, if it's the window itself, I would definately have it checked out to see if the felt strip is the problem. If that's the case, demand that it be taken care of.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:24 PM
M^2
1st Gear Member

It is a scratch in the actual window. I noticed after the windows got tinted and question the tinting company about it. They said they dont even touch the outside of the window and that alot of times tint magnifies scratches in the window because of the darkness.
I will probably just ask about it when i take it in for the first service
Old 03-31-2006, 11:58 AM
vetsac

ORIGINAL: M^2

So I noticed a scratch at the top of my drivers side window, and I was wondering if that is something that would be covered by warranty or is that something I will just have to live with.

On a slightly diffrent note. How is it that dealerships get away with screwing those blasted plates on the front bumper that says their name on it. It seems to me that if I order a brand new car from the factory so it will be just the way I want it they shouldnt put two holes in the car before I even drive it off the lot.
Check out this thread if you haven't already...

https://mustangforums.com/m_1158389/...ratches/tm.htm

RedFireChik is right on, from what my dealer told me when I bought my car. I'm still looking for a reliable solution for my 06 Mustang... The door's window seal trim is most likely the culprit...

Oh... and here in AZ there's no law for front and back license plates... just back only required, so no holes in my front fender
But I DID remove all the stupid dealer logos and crap that they stuck on my car the night I brought my Mustang home. No car dealer is gonna get free advertising from me!
Old 03-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Professor Wizard
MF Moderator

When I tried to charge my dealership a $200 Annual Advertising Fee they removed their advertisement from my car!
Old 03-31-2006, 02:27 PM
johnsat

The license plate thing happened to me a few years ago on a Daytona that I ordered. I made the dealership replace the front facia. You should make them replace yours, if your state doesn't have a front plate law there is no reason for them to put one on.
Old 03-31-2006, 08:15 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Professor Wizard

When I tried to charge my dealership a $200 Annual Advertising Fee they removed their advertisement from my car!
i likethat!!! i wish i thought of that at the time!! LOL

i ended up removing the plate they put on the rear with my feel the power plate, and peeled thier stiker off my trunk

Quick Reply: Warranty Question