Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

curious as to where all the stock mufflers go after we mod... lol

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2006, 01:31 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default curious as to where all the stock mufflers go after we mod... lol

so alot of us mod our exhausts for duals..... a handful of us keep it stock looking and just upgrade the muffler and keep the single pipe.... I'm guessing those guys might put back the stock muffler if they ever decided to sell the car back or something....

For those of us who went the dual way.... what did u all do with the stock muffler? Mine is in my garage sitting there and im not sure if it would go on ebay... even for alittle, lol. i would imagine that shipping would offset the amount you would make on it and it would be pointless to even waste a listing because of listing fees, lol...

on another note.... even tho this would probably be stupid, lol.... is it possible to get 2 stock v6 mufflers and make a dual exhaust out of it? lol

keep in mind i already have duals and im happy with them but am just curious as to if it could be done and if it would sound alright, lol... food for though, lol you could always weld a new tip on it probably to give it a mean look and whats the diff between gt and v6 mufflers?

just thought of this all while i was writing the post, lol... i figure there are lots of broke college kids out there that prob want the dual look and im guessin a lot of u guys have it lying around still and they prob could be gotten for cheaper than gt takeoffs, lol
Old 03-29-2006, 01:35 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Default RE: curious as to where all the stock mufflers go after we mod... lol

I was thinking of putting it on my GF's old 94 altima and see what happens
Old 03-29-2006, 01:53 PM
KiLLeR_WoMBaT
1st Gear Member

They all go straight to eBay...where they don't sell; so then they go to the garage...where the wife bitches about them; then they go to a friend...who starts the whole cycle over.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:23 PM
Scrib
1st Gear Member

Mustang mufflers to help rebuild Louisiana levees
Associated Press

BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is shipping thousands of old Mustang mufflers to Louisiana to help rebuild about 12 miles of damaged levees along a shipping channel.

Kevin Wagner, the corps' project manager, said more than 630,000 pounds of scrap mufflers from 2005/06 Mustangs are being shipped to St. Bernard Parish, La., for work on what is called the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet.

Hal Walters, executive director of the Hancock Port and Harbor, said the county is making about $1.20 per ton shipped from Port Bienville, 60 cents per ton through the county's ship and barge tariff and 60 cents per ton to move the old mufflers across the dock to a vessel.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:27 PM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

lol.... all I can say is that if thats real and u didnt just make that up... that is hysterical!! LOL
Old 03-29-2006, 02:38 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Scrib

Mustang mufflers to help rebuild Louisiana levees
Associated Press

BAY ST. LOUIS, Miss. - The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers is shipping thousands of old Mustang mufflers to Louisiana to help rebuild about 12 miles of damaged levees along a shipping channel.

Kevin Wagner, the corps' project manager, said more than 630,000 pounds of scrap mufflers from 2005/06 Mustangs are being shipped to St. Bernard Parish, La., for work on what is called the Mississippi River-Gulf Outlet.

Hal Walters, executive director of the Hancock Port and Harbor, said the county is making about $1.20 per ton shipped from Port Bienville, 60 cents per ton through the county's ship and barge tariff and 60 cents per ton to move the old mufflers across the dock to a vessel.
Saving the world... one Mustang at a time.
Old 03-29-2006, 02:44 PM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

lmao!
Old 03-29-2006, 10:58 PM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

Scrib, do you have a lot of time on your hands? LMAO, you guys are a trip
Old 03-30-2006, 12:02 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

most are like mine, straight to the dumpster!
Old 03-30-2006, 01:02 AM
Traken
2nd Gear Member

Mine's sitting up on a shelf in the garage, just incase it's ever needed for anything someday.

Quick Reply: curious as to where all the stock mufflers go after we mod... lol