Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tried out the 125HP shot today...

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:04 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default Tried out the 125HP shot today...

Ok... so there was some good news and some bad news...

First the bad news... The place was packed! I should have known better but.... The track was also very slippery... Lots of guys with DR's were having a hard time hooking... including yours truly!!! It just plain sucked! LOL! My best 60' was a disappointing 2.1... best ET was a 13.5... was hoping for something a LOT better!

Now the postive points from today... First off.. the motor didn't mind the extra 25HP! The motor pulled hard and sounded great! I had noticed in the past that sometimes the car would stutter a bit when the N20 would first hit... I believe now I was probably getting some misfires... well I put in a set of iridium plugs last week and gapped them down to 35. No more stuttering!!

For the first time I got lined up against 2 cars that weren't 10 second cars!!! You've heard me complain before that I always end up lined up against car's like Lidio's or PH's... well to day was my lucky day!! 1st pass I was up against and older (pre 99) GT... 2nd pass I was up against a GMC Canyon... both of them went down... LOL! Kind of fun having a car in the mirror for a change!

I also got some cool video footage... My brother went with me.. He videoed the car from the stands... I've always taped my car from down by the starting line... but this time it's me driving... Interesting thing... by taping from the stands you can actually hear my car! Normally I've always ended up just hearing the cars behind mine doing a burnout... If you listen to the video you can hear my car roaring down the track! LOL! Of course you can also hear the BIG SQUEAL as my tire spin when the spray hits!! LOL!

And finally I broke my own rule... I tried spraying on the street... LOL! I had to show my brother how the Zex worked... so we found some back roads with no traffic... did a couple of launches... couple of sprays from a roll... The 1st one from roll the car jumped so hard my brother about dropped the camera! LOL! My brother was very impressed!!! His jaw dropped a couple of times... then he was trying to figure out how he could put N20 on his big V-10 Dodge Ram! LOL!

All in a great day... car is home in one piece!!

Ok.. this video was a bit bigger so I decided to put it on StreetFire...

Here's the link: http://videos.streetfire.net/video/814F4F5...63CE33595D0.htm
Old 04-02-2006, 12:27 AM
hazestang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tried out the 125HP shot today...

scrming holy^%& I got to tell ya, you car looks bad@$$ in the pictures, but they don't do it justice compared to the video your car looks mean as hell. I was wondering though, did the other mustang and canyon give up after the initial start, or did you just have no mercy? Very impressive, it is nice when talk is backed up by sight glad you had a safe track day, every safe day at the track is a very good day indeed
Old 04-02-2006, 12:43 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hazestang

scrming holy^%& I got to tell ya, you car looks bad@$$ in the pictures, but they don't do it justice compared to the video your car looks mean as hell. I was wondering though, did the other mustang and canyon give up after the initial start, or did you just have no mercy? Very impressive, it is nice when talk is backed up by sight glad you had a safe track day, every safe day at the track is a very good day indeed
No Mercy!!! LOL!

Not sure if they gave up or what... LOL! That first run was a 13.5 and the GT was like mid-16s... The 2nd run was so embarassingly slow I don't want to talk about it... but it sure looked and sounded good! LOL!

Old 04-02-2006, 03:07 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

13.5 is still extremely strong man, and that vid is awesome. Very cool. You smoked the competition, wiped the track with thier asses. LOL.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:54 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

lol that gt had to have given up, 16's? he must have ****ted his pants when he saw a v6 pull ahead of him

Oh, and nice stang haze. love da rims
Old 04-02-2006, 04:24 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

wow very very very very fast
Old 04-02-2006, 07:50 PM
Yashar
1st Gear Member

dang what year is your v6? and what crazy mods did you do to it to make it that fast?
Old 04-02-2006, 08:59 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

Great Vid!!!
Old 04-02-2006, 09:01 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Yashar

dang what year is your v6? and what crazy mods did you do to it to make it that fast?
too long to list here... LOL! check out my stuff at: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng/Mustang.htm

oh.. it's an 2005...
Old 04-02-2006, 10:10 PM
Hambone
2nd Gear Member

Wow, scrming! Great video...and the car sounds super!

Can't wait to see your times with good track conditions and the 125 shot!

Quick Reply: Tried out the 125HP shot today...