Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JUST TALKED TO DOUG FROM BAMACHIPS

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 12:59 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Default JUST TALKED TO DOUG FROM BAMACHIPS

I just got off the phone with Doug, the owner of Bamachips, and I was discussing intakes and the X-cal II tuner with him.
I am planning on buying an intake and tuner package, and I was going to get the C&L intake with X-cal II combo.........UNTIL HE TOLD ME THIS:

he said today he had an AUTO '05 V6 with an 87 octane tune and a Demolet intake unit on the dyno and it hit 196 RWHP !!!!!! and a ton of torque, i cant remember exactly how much he said but it was over 210 TQ !!!!!!!!

The only other modification the car had was a Borla axle back exhaust..... slash muffler.

I was very impressed as these numbers show substantial gains over the C&L with the same tuner.
LOOKS LIKE I'LL BE GETTING A DEMOLET !!! lol
Old 04-02-2006, 01:08 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: JUST TALKED TO DOUG FROM BAMACHIPS

ORIGINAL: will_c

I just got off the phone with Doug, the owner of Bamachips, and I was discussing intakes and the X-cal II tuner with him.
I am planning on buying an intake and tuner package, and I was going to get the C&L intake with X-cal II combo.........UNTIL HE TOLD ME THIS:

he said today he had an AUTO '05 V6 with an 87 octane tune and a Demolet intake unit on the dyno and it hit 196 RWHP !!!!!! and a ton of torque, i cant remember exactly how much he said but it was over 210 TQ !!!!!!!!

The only other modification the car had was a Borla axle back exhaust..... slash muffler.

I was very impressed as these numbers show substantial gains over the C&L with the same tuner.
Ok... since you seem to be focusing in on Torque... Here is a completely stock 2005 V6 automatic showing the before and after with Lidio from Alternative Auto's tune:

221RWTQ with just a tune! 100% stock! (remember an aftermakret muffler is good for about 10RWHP)
Old 04-02-2006, 01:29 AM
05AV6
1st Gear Member

The car was baselined with the muffler,before the intake was tested, the HP and torque increase was above the gain attributed to the muffler. Those numbers were all intake...............................impressive to say the least
Old 04-02-2006, 01:33 AM
TheBest159
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Ok... since you seem to be focusing in on Torque... Here is a completely stock 2005 V6 automatic showing the before and after with Lidio from Alternative Auto's tune:

221RWTQ with just a tune! 100% stock! (remember an aftermakret muffler is good for about 10RWHP)
is that an 87 tune?
Old 04-02-2006, 01:37 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TheBest159

ORIGINAL: scrming

is that an 87 tune?
think it is an 89... acutally with the automatic there is very little difference... you just can't push the timing on these cars (with an automatic...) We found that and I believe so did Doug... (he posted that on TMS..)
Old 04-02-2006, 03:16 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I have the same setup from Demolet and Doug, before the tune Doug gave me, I was at 9.9 on the 1/8 NA, after the tune I was at 9.6 NA.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:53 PM
05 Cayuse
2nd Gear Member

I'm surprised that Doug would steer you away from the C&L combo. Using the 92 octane performance tune, my auto dyno'd 201 hwp and 228 torque on a Mustang dyno. Granted this is with 92 octane, and a JBA exhaust, but that's a pretty good number. I'd like to hear from Doug if he's switching horses, and why. He was pretty sold on the C&L combo when I bought mine a few months ago.
Old 04-02-2006, 10:55 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

I'm surprised that Doug would steer you away from the C&L combo. Using the 92 octane performance tune, my auto dyno'd 201 hwp and 228 torque on a Mustang dyno. Granted this is with 92 octane, and a JBA exhaust, but that's a pretty good number. I'd like to hear from Doug if he's switching horses, and why. He was pretty sold on the C&L combo when I bought mine a few months ago.
Doug is not tied to a specific CAI. Most tuners are not tied to a specific CAI. Look at Scrming, Lidio tuned the MMR for him. And what makes the TI a nice choice is it is on the same performance level as the C&L, within 3 HP (and this is debatable, C&L brought Scrming up to 193, and the TI brought me up to 193), and is significantly cheaper. Let's face it, the C&L is expensive!
Old 04-02-2006, 11:30 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: 05 Cayuse

Doug is not tied to a specific CAI. Most tuners are not tied to a specific CAI. Look at Scrming, Lidio tuned the MMR for him. And what makes the TI a nice choice is it is on the same performance level as the C&L, within 3 HP (and this is debatable, C&L brought Scrming up to 193, and the TI brought me up to 193), and is significantly cheaper. Let's face it, the C&L is expensive!
and the MMR is even more expensive! LOL! Not only did he C&L outperform the MMR on the dyno it was a major improve ment on the street... LOL
Old 04-03-2006, 12:02 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

rygenstormlocke

scrming

and the MMR is even more expensive! LOL! Not only did he C&L outperform the MMR on the dyno it was a major improve ment on the street... LOL
which is it, is MMR or C&L cheaper? and which one has the best improvement on the street?

Quick Reply: JUST TALKED TO DOUG FROM BAMACHIPS