Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Rygens 1/4 Track Results 4.2.2006

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2006, 10:08 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Rygens 1/4 Track Resulsts 4.2.2006

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

Don't get me wrong, I am sure the TC/SC ET's will be great. But someone has to take it to the track first. Like I said before, I have entertained a SC on more than one occasion. Of course the fact I don't trust myself with that power on the street helps keep me away from going with a blower.

I'm with you.... Have the "crazy" power locked up in the trunk is a big PRO for me! LOL!

I mean if someone gave me a T/C or S/C i'ld certianly put it in my car... but considering the results i'm getting from the Zex... well... I just can't see dropping $4000 on F/I at this point... There are a lot of other things to upgrade 1st... LOL!

Old 04-02-2006, 10:35 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

quote: scrming

I mean if someone gave me a T/C or S/C i'ld certianly put it in my car... but considering the results i'm getting from the Zex... well... I just can't see dropping $4000 on F/I at this point... There are a lot of other things to upgrade 1st... LOL!
What would you said need to be done to the engine to make it reliable enough to handle a modest amount of boost from a turbo or s/c?
Old 04-02-2006, 10:38 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

What would you said need to be done to the engine to make it reliable enough to handle a modest amount of boost from a turbo or s/c?
I think its more a question of where the SC/TC makes power (i.e. under 5800 rpm) and your tune (i.e. fat as a pig, AF of 10 at max power). You can trust powerhouse to release a product that will last and will not hurt the engine!!! I mean, any power adder will put additional strain on the engine, but it is managable. So given this, I would trust Vortech or Powerhouse. Even Explorer Express, they have been doing SC's on the 4.0 for many years.

Are you talking more in terms of old school build up of engines, heads, cams, pistons, etc? Going this route, you can run more nitrous, or up the compression ratio and run more boost, but no one has done it yet.

Old 04-02-2006, 10:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Nothing.... i believe you can run 8 PSI with a safe tune very very reliably on the stock 4.0L...
Old 04-03-2006, 12:41 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

i know guys im just messing with you. lol. check out flapjack(dont remember if its this forum or not) he just S/C'd his.dont knowif hes been to the track.......

yeah but i was just messing with rygen and scrming. LOL i think you guys are still the fastest actually
Old 04-03-2006, 12:52 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

i know guys im just messing with you. lol. check out flapjack(dont remember if its this forum or not) he just S/C'd his.dont knowif hes been to the track.......

yeah but i was just messing with rygen and scrming. LOL i think you guys are still the fastest actually
LOL, you are right man!!! The competition is heating up, more and more boosted 6's are joining the fray.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

LOL, you are right man!!! The competition is heating up, more and more boosted 6's are joining the fray.
Yes, you guys are the fastest. [sm=smiley2.gif]
Old 04-03-2006, 01:13 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jimp

Yes, you guys are the fastest. [sm=smiley2.gif]
Nice!! What Jimp dosent tell you is he ripped off a 13.5 on juice!!!!!!!!
Old 04-03-2006, 01:15 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Nice!! What Jimp dosent tell you is he ripped off a 13.5 on juice!!!!!!!!
I'm still number two. I'm going to try and change that this Wednesday hopefully. [sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-03-2006, 01:22 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

yeah, but you still have an edge over the boosted guys, especially scrming with all that TORQUE!! dont think youll get that torque with out SIGNIFICANT boost. LOL

im just waiting for a S/C'd 6 on juice.......well see how that holds up lol. fast as hell though! how abut alchohol, or propane lol

Quick Reply: Rygens 1/4 Track Results 4.2.2006