Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gears on an auto

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2006, 05:39 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Default Gears on an auto

im thinking of gears for my car and i was wondering what to get 3.73 or 4.10 i have no other performance mods beacuse i dont want to void my warranty( well my parents wont let me) is there anyone that has gears on their auto v6 and what kind of rpm's do you get at 80-100 mph??
Old 04-03-2006, 06:03 PM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Gears on an auto

I have the 3.73's and i also have the same problem with my parents. I just talk them into letting me do it one mod at a time. I love my gears, perfect balance between launching and highway. my rpm's are almost at 3k @ 80mph but i rarely drive that fast on the highway so they stay at about 2500rpm. If you do very minimal highway driving you could go with the 4.10's. I'm mostly in town but i decided to go the practica route (for once). But its your choice, you'll be happy either way.

Oh yea...dont bother listening to MustangMan... (im sure he will put his 2 cents in)
Old 04-03-2006, 06:08 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

yes im sure i will see a big 4.10's or nothing post somewhere in the future. he has a 4.1 fetish.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:56 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

I'm very happy with my 3.73's in my auto. Rpm's are 200-300 more than stock gears at cruising speeds. If you're going with gears, might as well stick some sort of limited slip differential in there while the rear end is being worked on.

However, since this is your first performance mod, I'd recommend going with an SCT X-cal 2 instead. You'll need one to recalibrate your speedo after the gears anyways. The X-cal makes the biggest difference in the driveability of the auto.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:58 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

oops... double post
Old 04-03-2006, 08:23 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: justang05

I have the 3.73's and i also have the same problem with my parents. I just talk them into letting me do it one mod at a time.
oh my god how did you do this, this is way more important than most topics at hand
Old 04-03-2006, 08:51 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

i had same problemi said "fine if it screws my car ill pay for the damage" which got the job done but if anything happens im out of a car for quite a while while i save up!
Old 04-03-2006, 09:00 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sonicblue05

i had same problemi said "fine if it screws my car ill pay for the damage" which got the job done but if anything happens im out of a car for quite a while while i save up!
lol they wouldnt believe me....i dont work so i have a total of like $400
Old 04-04-2006, 12:15 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

everything with my car is paid by me.. im even paying for hte car.. yet my parents have an issue with me modding it lol
Old 04-04-2006, 02:27 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

There are about a bazillion posts on these forums about the fact that mod's will not void your warranty. Do a search, print them out and let your parents read for themselves Basically the dealership can only refuse to repair something under warranty if they can prove the problem was caused by the mod. For example, if you put an intake and tune on and blow your tranny, the dealership will repair it under warranty because the two are unrelated. If you burn up your rings, they might repair it or they might argue that your tune caused the problem because the car was running too lean. It depends on the dealership. But either way, your warranty is not voided.

Quick Reply: Gears on an auto