Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tuners

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2006, 01:54 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Default Tuners

I want to tune my stang after i have all my perfomance parts i want because i want it to be a one time tune. What is the best way to do this?
Old 04-08-2006, 01:57 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Tuners

Im looking at simple performance upgrades like magna flow duals, CAI, T-Lok, and some new pulleys. Also after i do this and get my larger rims how should i go about adjusting the speedometer correctly. Could i just swap the GT speedometer with mine?
Old 04-08-2006, 02:11 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

Well you'll want a Xcal 2 sct handheld tuner. On my V6 I did the lsd rear and c&l CAI with a tune from Evolution Performance. Amazing difference, I'm looking for 17 or 18" wheels but cant decide which ones. Most likely a borla exhaust for some tone. The xcal2 can adjust all the things you mentioned. Pulleys were found to only give 3 to 5rwhp... ? I was going to but decided not to. The CAI and tune really made the difference. The lsd to keep both tires planted... but I can scream them in low1 and give a good chip in just regular drive. Evolution is working on a true duals package... I'm consdiering them. The best way to do the one time tune is put everything on at once and upload a tune that was written for all your mods. Fred at Evolution Performance can hook you up with a smokin tune just let him know all the mods you are doing and once you do them... upload the tune.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:24 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the help, also this made me think of something else, Is there a difference between cold air intakes? i was planning on getting a K&N but now i see alot more people with something different alot of c&l thanks again.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:39 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: chipschwab

Thanks for the help, also this made me think of something else, Is there a difference between cold air intakes? i was planning on getting a K&N but now i see alot more people with something different alot of c&l thanks again.
The K&N with a tune gets the same gains as a tune and the stock airbox. It's only worth getting if you don't want a tune. I'd suggest either the C&L or JLT. Both have excellent, proven gains. You'll need a tune for either. Doug at http://www.bamachips.com/ has excellent tunes as does Lideo at Alternative Auto.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:46 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

thanks for the help guys, also any idea on what performance parts void warrenty, just curious.
Old 04-08-2006, 02:54 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

technically none of them, in realiy it all of them....
if a problem is caused BY the part they wont fix it. that goes for tuners too.
Old 04-08-2006, 10:13 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

don't forget Demolet and Tune
Old 04-08-2006, 11:05 AM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

Both have excellent, proven gains.
What Kind of gains would they be? Noticeable? Barely Noticeable? Hardly Noticeable (I am not technically gifted [&:])
Old 04-08-2006, 11:25 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

Both have excellent, proven gains.
What Kind of gains would they be? Noticeable? Barely Noticeable? Hardly Noticeable (I am not technically gifted [&:])
Night and day difference. No more throttle lag, more power on the top end. You will be amazed it's a six after you get it.

Quick Reply: Tuners