Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

raced an m3 last night

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 03:49 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default raced an m3 last night

ugh...

so i was at a hooka bar last night with a bunch of people, and some guy comes up to me and says soemthing like "i hear you have a mustang" so then he goes to tell me that he has an m3. so we sarted talking, and he told me that what he has is pretty much what the dealer sold him, not many mods. now i have raced the older m3's before and i have beat them.. and not just like by a little bit, it was a pretty decent wooping. anyways, i am not too sure what kind of mods he has because i am not too keen on the m3 parts and it was very loud so we could barely hear eachother. anyways, we decide that we would put a bit of cash on a light-to-light race. shook hands, and decided on no hard feeling on whatever happens, and after we would go back and kick it

so we go out and he decides to drive me to my car because i parked a few blocks away (downtown seattle has terrible parking). he was driving pretty slowely, but at one point his foot slipped on the gas and god, that thing jolted forwards so hard. at that point i knew that i just lost $40 [:@] anyways, i shook his hand and agreed to do this, so i went on anyways. i got in my car and we started looking for a spot, took us about 10 mintues...

we decided that we would try go on a 10mph roll, and that we would use the counter in his car. anyways, that thing just blew by me. i mean, that thing was faster than any car i have ever seen. i have messed around with my friends who have sti's and i am sure that his m3 would have beat them. he gave me another chance with my counter, but i knew how to accept a loss and that his car was faster than mine, so we just drove back.
Old 04-09-2006, 03:53 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

Default RE: raced an m3 last night

the new m3s have 333 bhp, and about that much torque if i remember right. they are good for midlow 13s because of weight. what kind of car do you have?
Old 04-09-2006, 03:54 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

there's that old saying... a fool and his money are soon parted.. LOL. [sm=smiley14.gif] Man... that's a tough race when you know you've lost when you haven't even gotten to your car! Don't these times just make ya wanna supercharge?!
Old 04-09-2006, 03:58 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

spectergt: it was a 97 m3, i have raced them before...not very fast

hamidlmt: i wish i could supercharge...but now i am $40 less likely to buy one
Old 04-09-2006, 04:00 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

whoops.... 4.0 mustang [:@] yeah, u were doomed. Ive got a race set up with a bone stock m3 here soon. im gonna run him once all motor (and I plan to lose) and then with the 75 shot (and I plan to win). and no offense, but with my motor setup I tear past the 4.0s (stock ones anyway) are you pretty modded?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:01 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

spectergt: it was a 97 m3, i have raced them before...not very fast

hamidlmt: i wish i could supercharge...but now i am $40 less likely to buy one

oops, missed that part too. when you said in ur first post you had raced "old ones" i thought that meant this was a new one. the old ones still have some kick to them. they have like 220 hp or something like that dont they?
Old 04-09-2006, 04:02 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

lol if the GT in your name means anything and you have all those mods you better tear past a 4.0! my car is just lightly modded, intake and tune.

the older m3's are really not that fast, but this guy definitly had some mods that pushed his car over the edge....he later told me that he raced a couple newer m5's and beat them
Old 04-09-2006, 04:07 PM
SpecterGT260
5th Gear Member

lol, yeah, when I said that I thought you had tried racing the 300 hp verion of the m3.... I was like "awwww, poor guy, didnt see it coming". the older ones are more in ur league tho. ive always wanted to race one though, they always have such loud exhaust for BMWs, and I find that many of the old ones are driven by rich punks.

to beat the m5 tho, he would need well over 400 hp. he is lighter than them, but 500 crank hp says something no matter how much u weigh. I dont know if Id be to quick to believe that. did he seem like he would have run a low 12 high 11 (probably high or even mid 11 if he beat an m5) and did he have any kind of FI? cuz if he was running all motor there is no way he took out an M5
Old 04-09-2006, 04:13 PM
gabeh1018
2nd Gear Member

supecharge.. u can buy the 4.6L V8 GT engine for $2500 off ebay... after parts, labor, install, your looking around 6 or 7 grand depending on what shop... i mean................ i dunn wat im talking about .... or do i... during the summer things will change soon.. yes o yes.................
Old 04-09-2006, 04:14 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

i think he did have some kind of f/i because his car way way too fast for a n/a, we later went out and he poped the hood and i could see some pipes running below his car, i get the feeling he had a turbo that mounted under his car. i think i saw the turbo timer controller in his car when he was driving me also, but those are usually hard to identify unless you really look at one (it was mounted under his steering wheel so i could not really look at it)

i think he would have ran in the 12's or maybe 11's. it was pretty much within a 2 seconds of the start he was about 5 car lengths in front of me.

however, i didnt mention that when we were at the bar he refused to do it from a dig, then after we raced we stopped at a light and my counter rolled down the window and said something like "lets do this just for fun" but he said he didn't want to do it because he was affraid of cops (which i think was bs because he was just going 80 in the city)

is it possible that the old m3's are slow from the dig, but very fast from a roll?

Quick Reply: raced an m3 last night