Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

i finally raced

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2006, 06:58 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

Default i finally raced

- DISCLAIMER-

I i do not condone nor do i endorse in any way shape or form street racing. its a wreckless thing to do and people can get seriously injured. if you want to race then please take it to the track and drive smart on the roads. obey all traffic laws and observe the rules of the road. "Do as i say, Not as i do (did )"

NOW, with that being said, i have to tell you guys about my FIRST kill. i went downtown to strut the cars stuff. well, that and i wanted to surprise the wife @ work. anyway, i was waiting at the lite right off the highway when ahead at the intersection i saw a 94-98 mustang pull onto the street. the light turned green for me to go forward and i wanted to get a good look at the stang that just left so i passed the traffic ahead of me and behind me and finally made my way behind him. Mustang GT is what the bumper said. my luck being what it is, we ended up getting stuck behind the next redlight. at this point Mr GT noticed me behind him and he started getting testy. he revved his engine to show his might and i simply smiled and payed attention to the light in front of us. again, he revved. at this point i probably should have let him be but i simply couldnt, i wanted to see what he had. the light turns green and immidiately he floors it. well, it wasnt really a race yet but i stuck with him and AGAIN we hit yet another stupid red light. thsi time he wants a piece of me i know it because i look at his sideviews and he glanced at me and then revved again and again. fine. remember this is the v6 and he has an 8 so i figured there was no point in revving my 6 to shut him up, i would simply have to hope that the car would speak for itself. well the moment of truth came and the light flashed green for only a moment, and we where off. the growl of our exhaust racing upwards was exhilerating. he got the jump on me at the light but not once did he start pulling away. we ran about an 1/8 mile both flying like a bat outta hell when we both slowed down for... yup, you guessed it, another lovely redlight. this time we where side by side. we both had to make a left, so i knew i had him. the light pinged green and we where at it again. this time i launched perfectly. the angle of the left hander was pretty bad so at the apex i had to lift off or i would have flew into his lane. anyway, a quick blip of the brakes and a pop of clutch and i was on course. he tried hard to keep up with me but after about another 1/8 mile he couldnt do it and he backed off. after he slowed down i did to, but he never caught up. i pulled off teh road to get to blockbuster and the left just before blockbuster he got off. but wait, it doesnt end there. after i did what i needed to do at Blockbuster, i went to starbucks and got the wife a vanilla bean frappacino, and some mc'D's. well guess who would happen to be going straight while i was heading to the wifes job?! yup, mr GT was there. as i turned i made sure that i revved my engine to let him know that today was the day his eagerness cost him. normally i wouldnt street race but... what can i say, he had it coming. im so happy. DONT STREET RACE though. i got lucky this time but maybe next time i wont.
Old 04-09-2006, 07:59 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: i finally raced

Street racing is bad... don't street race...

er... now that that's out of the way... I was very surprised to beat that generation GT with a great deal of authority. With a few mods, these 4.0L's are stout little motors.

What mods, if any, do you have?
Old 04-09-2006, 08:57 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

If you go back and do your homework, there are a lot of stock Mustang GTs that the 4.0 V6 actually have equal or better horsepower and torque ratings to.

An example is the 1988 GT, it was rated, if I believe to be correct at around 215-220 horsepower (flywheel figured from Ford). The Saleen version from that time period is about 225 horsepower.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:21 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

great story

nice kill too! [8D]

oh yeah, street racing is bad [:-]
Old 04-09-2006, 09:35 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

aside from the k&n drop in filter and a magna flow muffler and tip, she is still stock. as i stated in another thread, i just ordered an intake with the filter shrowd. i should see some nice gains from her. wmsracing.com

like i said before too, i dont normally street race but 2day was just one of those days that i wanted to see what she could do and well... she made me proud.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:41 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Nice man, Nobody has challenged me yet . Its mostly ricers around my area so their probably scured of me, or think i'm a GT lol.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:44 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Nice man, Nobody has challenged me yet . Its mostly ricers around my area so their probably scured of me, or think i'm a GT lol.
Man, try living near DC. I get challenged by a Civic, Integra, Eclispe or some other import for every day of the week. Takes everything I have to ignore them.
Old 04-09-2006, 09:46 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

Man, try living near DC. I get challenged by a Civic, Integra, Eclispe or some other import for every day of the week. Takes everything I have to ignore them.
yup, me too, i cant drive 10 blocks at night w/o haveing a few people try to race me
Old 04-09-2006, 10:05 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

i kept up well with one of those but i didnt beat it... not bad concitering it was modded and mine just has springs lol
Old 04-09-2006, 10:43 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

is it cuz of the way the car looks? i seriously have not been challenged by rice rockets. this has been my first kill and i always thought that the first would be some japper who thinks the fart can exhaust gives him well over 500 hp.