Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

UURGH!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-13-2006, 10:36 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

Default UURGH!!

Ok here is the deal.. as many of u know (via my "im depressed post") my car has been in the shop for the past 2 weeks to get some body work done from a lil mishap.... anywho... i stopped by the dealer today after my last class before the holidays (HAPPY EASTER BTW) and the guy who owns the shop told me oh itll be another 2 weeks or so[sm=yikesomg.gif] .... naturally.. the words... [sm=WTFsgign.gif] came to mind.. so i asked for an explination:

i dropped my car off on april 4th (the day that i set with them to begin repairs when i got my estimate back in feburary), he was now trying to tell me that the april 4th date was a day for me to bring it in for an estimate which i had already done (and i called a week before that day to make sure that they still could take to begin repairs) and u think he woulda kinda mentioned something when i dropped it off n made the comment to him... "cant wait till these two weeks r up n ill have a car that is good as new" [sm=smiley35.gif]and ya think he woulda said something or called when i didnt come get it for two weeks (keeping in mind that it was in perfect driving condition ... i just dont like to see ding and a messed up bumper)

YEA normally im a "go with the flow" type of person... but this guy pised me off ROYALY! [sm=headbang.gif]

he then went on to explain that they were actualy booked until the end of MAY and that he was doing me a large FAVOR by squeezing me in... URGH!!!!

all i want is my damn car back bc right now im using my dads truck and although i liek driving the truck i feel bad for inconveniencing them if they would happen to need to use it

ok im done my ranting [sm=rant.gif](yeah i have a mini novel) im just mad bc it beautiful weather n i just wana go drive in my car!!!
Old 04-13-2006, 10:41 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: UURGH!!

I know how you feel, I have dealt with body shops that have done this to me before. I dealt with a body shop that pushed back the wrap up date 2 weeks, until I called my insurance company and complained. That set it right real quick.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:00 PM
McBudd
2nd Gear Member

Been there before my self, but mine was with my bike when I had a little argument with a car. Never thought I was going to get it back. I feel your pain. Something that pretty is ment to be on the road not in a shop. Hope you get it back soon.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

That really sucks for all of you. I hope i never have to deal with that but then again I'm gonna have to deal w/ body shops sooner or later b/c i want to do some cosmetic upgrades after performance is all done.
Old 04-14-2006, 12:22 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Sorry to hear that...bodyshops suck, they never deliever on time. Last year Oct 12th I got hit, whole front end of my car was gone...two days later a shop got it...a week later i call and they're waiting for the ins check to even start, next day hurricane Wilma hits and the shop is without power for a week, i call when they get power back and they say blah blah blah were busy now blah blah maybe Thankgiving. Aaargh...at this point its been 3 weeks already, and they're saying 3 more. Thanksgiving rolls around..nothing...waiting for a part blah blah, first week of Dec, nothing, still waiting on the part LOL, long story not quite as long lol, i get it back the week before christmas...like 9 weeks! And i go to pick it up, i see they "forgot" to put my front lip back...that took another week of calls to get, ugh.

Old 04-14-2006, 12:56 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Talk to the owner of the dealership. Tell them if you were a man you would have had your car a week ago. The guy saying hes doing you a favor is an a$$hole who probably would not have the ***** to say it to a male customer,

I hate dealerships!!! Can you tell?
Old 04-14-2006, 01:03 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

I couldn't imagine bein with out my stang for 9 weeks. Its my only car lol, I would probably catch a case. Hmmmm either for assault or homicide. I'm very impatient when it comes to my stang b/c i've been wanting it for so long and i finally have it i can't stand to be without it.
Old 04-14-2006, 01:05 PM
pat6674u
3rd Gear Member

Body shops, regardless of car or gender, are notorious pronasticators. They always take twice as much work as their techs can handle which leads to shoddy jobs or inflated job times. Just make sure they do the job right and if they screw up make sure you tell your insurance adjuster. You may also see if they are a member of the BBB of your area. You can always file a report with the Bureau if they are a member.

[IMG]local://upfiles/32397/DCE734ADB3C141428AA6EEB847D20632.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-14-2006, 01:13 PM
LesteR723
5th Gear Member

body shops are always late no matter how reputable they are
Old 04-14-2006, 11:29 PM
sarahfro0313
2nd Gear Member

yeah i know body shops r usually procrastinators... but this place redid my dads truck after some high idiots pulled out in front of him while we were going 65 pulling out 23' bay boat.. they had it fixed perfectly in 2 weeks.. but nooo he has to be a lil but hole... n i might not be that frightening but when i get pissed i get pissed.... n lets just say i was beyond pissed

so yeah this guy got a peice of my mind the other day

and they have a lifetime gauruntee on their work so if my **** aint right that gonna eat that **** and do it right.... i dont play with my stang... its my baby

so i duno .. i just hope this guy grows ***** n fixs my damn car