Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

another kill...Caddy CTS

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 10:16 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

Default another kill...Caddy CTS

Today after i was dropping my friend at her house, i was turing out of her street, and this caddy cts wizzes by, i didnt really think much of it and just kept on going, but a few seconds later, i relaized that the CTS stopped right in the middle of the road. i kept on driving, and thought that they probably just stopped for some kid crossing the road or something, and right as i stopped behind them, they took off going fast enough for me to realize that they were trying to play the "keep up game" (pretty much the person behind tries to keep up with the other car in front). i decide that these guys are not street racers because if they were they would have turned on their alerts to tell me that they were playing, and they were much too bad of drivers...they were swerving all over because they could not handel the speed. so at the next light, i pull up beside them, but there were cars infront of us so we could not race...and neither did i intend to...turns out they are just 4 stupid kids. so they roll down the window and say something like "you wanna race ******?" and i tell them that i dont race slow cars with drivers who cant drive, and i laugh at them. so then we keep on driving, and there is another point in the road where the two lanes merge into one. so we both stop infront at the stop light, and i decide to race this b*tch and shut him up once and for all. so i floor it, and pass him very easily, and decide it would be funny to not let him into my lane when he had to merge, then turned on my alerts (for those who dont know alerts mean "i just won").
so i can see that they are really pissed and they all start throwing up the middle finger out the window and screaming and crap, but i just give them one flick off and put by alers back on (just to rub it in).
then, they decide that they would pass me in on-coming traffic to "show me who's boss"?
so they floor it, and try to go past me, but of cource....my car is still faster...so i decide that i will not let them infront of me back in the lane. so they keep on going, driving in the on-comming traffic, and i start to see a bunch of cars comming, heading towards them. so i thought to myself "this is going to be interesting" so i just keep on going, and they are still not going back behind me. i just keep on messing with them, letting them get a little bit of distance on me, then i speed up, just to **** them off a bit more. so after 30 more seconds of this, they are pretty much head to head with another car, and they decide to stop and get behind me.

they shut up after that. nothing more scary than a guy who says "i am going to try to make you crash in on-comming traffic" is there? [8D]

ps. i know that this was stupid and probably dangerous

anyways, +1 for the v6 stang

ps. for those who were wondering about the "angry street racers of seattle" in the other thread, this would be a good example
Old 04-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Steeda1716
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: another kill...Caddy CTS

Sound like 2 kids playing with barbie dolls.....lol

Good kill..
Old 04-15-2006, 12:34 AM
lostnight
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, I don't mind a little good stoplight action when things are clear and it looks relatively safe. I am very weary of racing with other cars around, I usually just try to stick to a lane when in traffic and let the idiots weave in and out of traffic. I hate the idea of some innocent person getting killed. I know I was probably guilty of driving like a total jackhole in my youth, but not to the extent of the person in the CTS. They didn't sound worthy of driving such a car.

I love the CTS, especially the V. It's probably my favorite GM car. I like watching them in the Speed GT World Challenge, and I use the CTS a lot when playing Forza. The 6 cylinder is even a good performer, if you could beat one that had no passengers it would e a really nice kill.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:02 AM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

Chris what kind of mods do u have?

either i was under the false impression that those caddilac CTS's are fast or u have a freakin sweet ride lol
Old 04-15-2006, 02:39 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

Three models of the CTS, all are about 3600+

The base CTS is 210/196 from a 2.8 six

Premium CTS is 255/252 from a 3.6 six

Then you have the CTS-V which is 400/395 from a 6.0 v8, same engine as a corvette.

I'm guessing it was a base CTS he took on

Old 04-15-2006, 03:52 AM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

it was probably the low grade one, because that thing was not moving fast...i mean, at first i did not even know he was racing
all i have are the c&l + xcal2 combo from evo performance

i am guessing my torque allowed me to be so much faster than him? also maybe because there were 4 people in his car?

edit (after 73 seconds of research):

Cadillac CTS - V6 3.6L (255 hp)
0-60: 6.71
1/4 time: 15.15
1/4 trap: 94.40

Cadillac CTS - V6 3.2L (220 hp)
0-60: 7.06
1/4 time: 15.54
1/4 trap: 93.40

i am guessing because the races were pretty short that the 0-60 is what counted the most? i am pretty sure our cars beat both of those
Old 04-15-2006, 12:01 PM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chrisc

it was probably the low grade one, because that thing was not moving fast...i mean, at first i did not even know he was racing
all i have are the c&l + xcal2 combo from evo performance

i am guessing my torque allowed me to be so much faster than him? also maybe because there were 4 people in his car?

edit (after 73 seconds of research):

Cadillac CTS - V6 3.6L (255 hp)
0-60: 6.71
1/4 time: 15.15
1/4 trap: 94.40

Cadillac CTS - V6 3.2L (220 hp)
0-60: 7.06
1/4 time: 15.54
1/4 trap: 93.40

i am guessing because the races were pretty short that the 0-60 is what counted the most? i am pretty sure our cars beat both of those
C&D 0-60 number for us id 6.9, so its not that much of a difference either way...but if he had 4 passangers that weighs down an already heavier car alot more, 500-800 lbs probably, that extra weight is huge.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:06 PM
yur1279
2nd Gear Member

I had one of those challenge me a few weeks ago, I didn't even bother because for some reason I thought they were all above 300hp, ect. I guess I should have looked to see what model is was.
Old 04-15-2006, 05:03 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

are you sure our 0-60 is 6.9? i heard that those numbers were pretty off, wasnt our 1/4 mile also rated at like 16. something? (which is obviously off also)
Old 04-15-2006, 05:09 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: chrisc

are you sure our 0-60 is 6.9? i heard that those numbers were pretty off, wasnt our 1/4 mile also rated at like 16. something? (which is obviously off also)
Car And Driver got a 15.3 out of a stock V6 automatic.

Quick Reply: another kill...Caddy CTS