Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger psi...what's safe for a daily driver?

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2006, 02:04 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Default Procharger psi...what's safe for a daily driver?

Heyas.... so, I'm getting quite psyched about the possibility of slappin' a Procharger in my ride!

I'm thinking 7 psi might be best for me... being a daily driver. What are the risks of bumping up to 9 psi? What are you thoughts on 7 vs 9 psi?

What sort of rwhp numbers have been produced with 7 and 9 psi? Any dyno sheets (or at least numbers) out there?

Truthfully, I just want the satisfaction of pulling up next to a relatively stock Mustang GT or any comparable car and know I could take 'im with my humble 4.0L LOL!

Thanks! You guys as excited as I am?!!

Old 04-16-2006, 02:27 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger psi...what's safe for a daily driver?

9psi and a 3 stage intercooler.

I think Flapjack made 303RWHP on 7PSI.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:34 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Nope, that was Belial. I'm made 321 RWHP and 332 Tq at 9 psi and a 3-core intercooler. I didn't quite hit 9 since they stopped at 5500rpm, but it was close enough...

Contrary to ATI's recommendation, I feel 11 psi with the 3-core intercooler would be doable on good quality pump gas. MSP has already run his system at 12 w/o issue.

If you ask ATI, they'll say 9 psi requires a built bottom end and race gas. I think they're just practicing a little CYA though, if you ask me.

I'm considering leaving the 3.4" pulley on if I ever go down to sea level. RPM Outlet says my tune is good for anywhere between sea level and my altitude. The MAF will adjust for any altitude changes. I would be making 11 psi at sea level. Still, it makes me a bit nervous.....
Old 04-16-2006, 02:36 PM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

Oh yeah, there's a lot of information on my setup out there. Here's a link to my dyno run post:

https://mustangforums.com/m_1171546/mpage_1/key_/tm.htm
Old 04-16-2006, 02:37 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: flapjack

Nope, that was Belial. I'm made 321 RWHP and 332 Tq at 9 psi and a 3-core intercooler. I didn't quite hit 9 since they stopped at 5500rpm, but it was close enough...

Contrary to ATI's recommendation, I feel 11 psi with the 3-core intercooler would be doable on good quality pump gas. MSP has already run his system at 12 w/o issue.

If you ask ATI, they'll say 9 psi requires a built bottom end and race gas. I think they're just practicing a little CYA though, if you ask me.

I'm considering leaving the 3.4" pulley on if I ever go down to sea level. RPM Outlet says my tune is good for anywhere between sea level and my altitude. The MAF will adjust for any altitude changes. I would be making 11 psi at sea level. Still, it makes me a bit nervous.....
Thanks for clearing that up man. Wow, 321/332 at 9PSI. Amazing. That is the route I will go if I get this group buy deal. Wow is an understatement, holy crap is more like it!!!!! Man, power through the entire band, I wonder what my ET would look like with that setup? And maybe a 55 shot of nitrous to cool the shot.

Hmmm.

Evil.
Old 04-16-2006, 02:48 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: flapjack

Those are just wicked nifty numbers! Have you taken 'er to the track yet?
Old 04-17-2006, 12:34 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

my friend has had the procharger in his stang for about 2 months maybe longer i know he had the first v6 auto procharged he runs 7psi (daily driver)
Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Harry_F

my friend has had the procharger in his stang for about 2 months maybe longer i know he had the first v6 auto procharged he runs 7psi (daily driver)
Harry... do you know what sorta numbers he's putting down?
Old 04-17-2006, 02:12 AM
flapjack
I ♥ Acer

@hamidlmt

Have you seen Belial's results yet? He's making just over 300 RWHP. Specially, 303... I think.
Old 04-17-2006, 12:18 PM
will_c
3rd Gear Member

so Hami........ when u do get ur procharger *crosses fingers* lol.......... ur gonna have to replace the whole rear end to accomodate the power right?

Quick Reply: Procharger psi...what's safe for a daily driver?