Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Diablo Tune

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 01:39 AM
Sancho805
5th Gear Member

Default Diablo Tune

Finally got my Diablo tunes i was waiting for and installed to my ride this weekend. Felt an obvious difference when i first punched the gas and definately on the highway. VERY PLEASED. I been waiting for these tunes for quite awhile since they were having issues with my calibration ID#....something about my stang being purchased in southern cali. Not really sure what it was but i'm guessing it had something to do with the strict emmissions laws here. anyways, i had this tuner sitting around my house for a couple months and finally i've been able to put it to use. i must admit i was very irritated in the begining but as tme went on, i got over it and now it has become a nice easter weekend gift. now i just hope this tune doesnt f#@! up my car. lol. Overall, not sure how much of a difference there is between the xcal and diablo tuners but i can tell you that my new diablo tune is pretty impressive. Any comments from other Diablo tuned Mustang owners is welcome and encouraged. happy easter.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:48 AM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Diablo Tune

I'm very pleased with my Diablo tune also. I don't know what the difference is between the 2 tuners. They say the XCAL is better for auto trans. I don't know, I have auto and it made a world of differnce. The interface was very easy to use too. I got mine with the C&L CAI.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:20 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

I'm very pleased with my Diablo tune also. I don't know what the difference is between the 2 tuners. They say the XCAL is better for auto trans. I don't know, I have auto and it made a world of differnce. The interface was very easy to use too. I got mine with the C&L CAI.

any numbers, I'm probably going to change to the diablo with a dyno tune
Old 04-17-2006, 04:39 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I had the Diablo on my auto back in the day, had issues addressing TQ management and shift firmness. On the shift settings, the Diablo simply dosent have as many settings as the XCAL2. But if you are happy with it then great!!! My other problem was there was no diablo tuners in my area to tune my car for power adders, CAI, TB, etc.
Old 04-17-2006, 04:45 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bscottie

any numbers, I'm probably going to change to the diablo with a dyno tune
Haven't had it dynoed. Don't know of a shop in my area. I do have one of those G-Tech things that will measure horsepower, time, speed and gforce. I haven't had a chance to play with that yet.