Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Turbo bandwagon!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 01:58 AM
Puleo76
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Turbo bandwagon!

ever since my 86 svo ive been hooked on turbos.... i would def save up for the intercooled version....
Old 04-18-2006, 02:02 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

yes the intercooled is the way to go for sure. But if you are on a budget, even the 6/7 psi non intercooled system will be a nice kick in the ***
Old 04-18-2006, 02:17 AM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I think for the dragstrip guys the turbo or centrifugal SC is the way to go. I've been holding out for the X-Charger because I'm not a racer, I want max power at as low an RPM as possible. Basically I want the biggest bang for the buck in low to mid range where I can have some fun while breaking as few laws as possible The twin screw X-Charger is the onle game in town on maxing out bottom end power so far. Also it's hard to beat the simplicity of the X-Charger installation. I'm a bit put off by all the plumbing required for the turbo setup. I wouldn't want to take that on myself, I'd have to hire it out.
Old 04-18-2006, 02:29 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Ok, maybe im wrong on this, because ur the 2nd person today to say this, but i thought the mp90 was a roots style blower, not a twin screw?
roots style blowers build pressure in the manifold while twin screws build it in the blower itself. Roots is more street style, while a twinscrew is what you would want to race at a track every weekend. also twin screws make less heat than a roots.

anyway, ya the EE kit is definately more oriented to a street car, definately not going to set any records at the track with it, but doesnt mean you cant suprise the hell out of some people lol
Old 04-18-2006, 06:28 AM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

I'm so confused! I've always loved the turbo. Put me down for that group buy as well. I'll make up my mind when i see the final numbers on everything, I promise!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:28 AM
afixer
5th Gear Member

everyone , face down on the floor! this is a highjack!

http://www.magnusonproducts.com/mp90.htm
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/kitdesign.htm
http://www.magnusonproducts.com/faq.htm

"The roots supercharger has been around for a long time, how is the Eaton supercharger different? The Eaton supercharger is essentially a Roots blower pump, with one substantial design wrinkle; each rotor has been twisted 60 degrees to form a helix. The two counter rotating rotors have three lobes, which intermesh during operation. These twisted rotors, along with specially designed inlet and outlet port geometry, help to reduce pressure variations resulting in a smooth discharge of air and a low level of noise during operation. This arrangement also improves efficiency over traditional Roots superchargers. With helical rotors and an axial inlet the Eaton supercharger can be spun to up to 14,000 rpm, thereby reducing package size. "

ha ha they say "package"!
Old 04-18-2006, 10:29 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

This is crazy!!! lol Everyone is going to have boost soon!! lol
Old 04-18-2006, 11:26 AM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Everyone come to the Darkside --- Boost is euphoric [sm=lildevil.gif]

Those are some reallllly great numbers. Will be real interesting to see it when it arrives. I've been trying to get to the track - but my schedule has been hectic to say the least. The one day I know I am free -- The track is having a damn swap meet and track is closed ! aggh... Anyways... to give a comparison on an 05 4.0 AUTOMATIC w/ 3.73 gears and Magnaflow Exhaust like mine , the Vortech is putting down (using the same comparative numbers of the Dynojet = 315-325rwhp / 315 TQ @ 9.2#'s 5400 rpm's using a mildly conservative tune on mine). Keep in mind that is on an Automatic and with 3.73 gears. I like the fact that with the Turbo there is room to grow with the boost being only 8#'s and achieving those numbers. I think I'll have to step up the Snow and 12 or 14# pulley install once this turbo kit comes out

The Turbo kit definitly looks like a sweet setup. I'm hoping that someone on the forums gets it and posts a whole lot of numbers on it. I don't believe an 8.8 rear will really be a necessity. My rear with the TT and 3.73's feels rock solid, and as most of us know Screamin has been dropping an absurd amount of tq on it and that thing is still running fine. For a manual 5spd dropping it @ 5000 rpms at the track - that may be a different story - LOL. The only concern I have is still some of the unforged parts of the engine which I'm looking to remedy in the coming year or so - once there are more players in the market. Keep in mind STOCK internals of even the GT v8 find it hard to go over 450 rwhp. I think if we can knock on 400 rwhp's door that would be quite an accomplishment for our 4.0's.

STS also has a sweet setup for the GT, anyone ever hear if they were looking at doing anything with the 4.0?
Old 04-18-2006, 12:27 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

[:@] Damn, I'm gonna go crazy!!!!! The Powerhouse turbo is looking so sexy right about now. too bad i can't get any power adder for atleast 2years . College if f'n expensive[sm=bs.gif]
Old 04-18-2006, 01:25 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

its pretty hard to argue that any kit makes more power than the turbo at the same boost levels, just cuz its not possible. the parasitic drag on the blower makes it that way.

Remember, this car also runs in the 11's at higher boost, and this is on the stock longblock, trans, clutch.

Quick Reply: Turbo bandwagon!