Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

dyno runs

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2006, 03:48 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: dyno runs

ORIGINAL: rygenstormlocke

bscottie ,

Sorry man, was skimming through the posts too fast and didn't absorb every detail. Thats what I get for multitasking too much. But this is still a big deal, this is the first NA professional diablo tune we have seen on these cars that produced some good numbers.

If you need help getting the dyno file up, you can email it to me and I can host it for you. Must be a night and day difference driving your car.

rygen-pm sent

@ affixer- I'm convinced that the s/c's will definitly need a dyno custom tune for longevity and peak performance, with the prices I am seeing so far, I believe that total dollar cost will exceed my plans, HOWEVER, real numbers and cost still aren't in yet, my choice is the x-charger if any (goal is to stay under GT cost with power adders- show mods dont count and I still have some room to play- hmmmmm) I do now have 2 tuners- maybe a double discount LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 04:01 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Old 04-19-2006, 04:05 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

thanks
Old 04-19-2006, 04:16 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Bscottie,

Are you sure this was done on a mustang dyno, this print out dosent look like the other mustang dyno sheets I have seen, it actually looks like a old software version dynojet sheet. If this is correct, and you are running SAE, then you have the best dyno numbers NA for any 05 auto we have ever seen. This means you are running somewhere around 210RWHP SAE which is more like the strongest dyno sheets for autos we have seen and actually is closer to the dynos we see for manuals.

Just curious, because if this is the case, I'm sure the other autos here will want to know what was done different.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:51 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Rygen... it looks like my dyno sheet... twas on a Mustang dyno.
Old 04-19-2006, 09:56 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

please enlighten us... i hope what rygen said is true
Old 04-19-2006, 10:03 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

mustang dynamometer, sae #'s, only thing different is probably the hours spent to tune for "my car exactly", tuner actually told me that next one could be better or worse, with more time he thought maybe even a couple more hp but it prob. wouldn't be enough to notice, I already stayed longer than I wanted, dyno tuning is not cheap but I had too many questions to boost my education for what these cars are capable of doing. i am happy and somewhat poorer. LOL
Old 04-19-2006, 10:43 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

what are SAE or STAE or w.e whats all that mean
Old 04-19-2006, 11:35 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

im sure we all are curious how. You can spend endless hours on a tune, but you cant get horsepower that isnt there. 194rwhp on a mustang dyno is about 210-214rwhp on a dynojet, which is the numbers that fully bolted on manual trans cars are getting.

Im not callin you a liar or anything, none of us are, we are just curious how your car pulled 10-15 more rwhp than any other auto out there, including scrmings which has had more dynotime than most of our cars combined.
Old 04-20-2006, 12:48 AM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: fazm

im sure we all are curious how. You can spend endless hours on a tune, but you cant get horsepower that isnt there. 194rwhp on a mustang dyno is about 210-214rwhp on a dynojet, which is the numbers that fully bolted on manual trans cars are getting.

Im not callin you a liar or anything, none of us are, we are just curious how your car pulled 10-15 more rwhp than any other auto out there, including scrmings which has had more dynotime than most of our cars combined.
guys the numbers are what they are, I dont have any explanation, went back today and asked again, guy said the same thing, if I could explain it any more I wouldn't have had to pay him what I did, i regret now posting #'s, I thought they were inline with the others here for the auto, maybe I am missing something hmmmmm!

Quick Reply: dyno runs