Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Ricer.

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2006, 09:05 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Ricer.

she is a beagle. she will be a year old on May 11. i posted a picture of her since she has a patch on her side that make a heart. sorry to get off topic.

ORIGINAL: lostnight

Lisa, I noticed on your "myspace" you have an 11 month old puppy. What kind is it? My Australian Shepherd puppy (Rusty) is almost 11 months old, he was born June 1st. Tons of fun, tons of energy. He's torturing the fish in one of my aquariums as I type this by pawing at the glass and chasing them from one end to the other.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27161/02B2511220334F95AC53A94BB63398B0.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/27161/9317E5A6EA294509BEB7E06513A02114.jpg[/IMG]
Old 04-25-2006, 09:12 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Sorry but heres a perfect example of what a ricer does and his consiquences, killed that word I know heres a vid link! http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...67A50E7583.htm
"OH MY GOD, WAS THAT YOUR ENGINE?!?!"

Wow, that was great...
Old 04-25-2006, 10:01 PM
cstigger04
2nd Gear Member

quote:

Sorry but heres a perfect example of what a ricer does and his consiquences, killed that word I know heres a vid link! http://videos.streetfire.net/search/...67A50E7583.htm

[sm=funnypostabove.gif][sm=gears.gif]
Old 04-25-2006, 11:48 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

That is the funniest thing I have ever seen!

Old 04-25-2006, 11:53 PM
beaustang
5th Gear Member

Too bad about your car... if you were in SO CAL I'd give you a top-down ride! Hope you get your pony back soon.
ORIGINAL: sarahfro0313

speaking of smoking a ricer...

today on my way home from bio lab i pulled up to a red light in my 97 F-150 (yes my damn car is still in the shop bc they r super swamped and they r taking forever!!!) and some lil retard n a civic with something sounding liek a f'd up weedeater pulls up on the side of me n starts revving up ... i of course was dying at the fact that they were so desperate that they were gona attempt to look cool by racing my big *** v8 hhahahah... yah well light turns green and i stomped it (forgot that since the truck tires spin easily) and i spun for liek a sec then took off.. i left their *** behind IN MY TRUCK OF ALL THINGS! hahahah i was nearly dying laughing at the poor fools.... then next red light some granny was infront of me so these idiotd thought they were cool when they floored it as the light turned green while i was stuck behind a lincoln.... Stupid Ricers.... Fartcans r for idiots!!

urgh i want my car back![:@]
Old 04-26-2006, 12:16 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

LOL, that's what happens when you boost a GSX enough to pull on an M3 like that!
Old 04-26-2006, 01:27 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Why did his engine blow??! it just seemed like a normal race? Was he running to much boost for that car? I'd be pissed if I just turbo'd my stang and that happened. Does any one actuall know what happened to that engine by the sounds of it? lol Sounded like something fell out lol.

One more question. Its a noob question. What was that sound before the take off? I know that was his turbo but what was going on with it technically wise? I heard all the STI and EVO's making that sound at the track when I went and I wonder what caused it. Is it good to do hard take off's like that with FI? Do superchargers make that sound when you try to take off like that? Did he really need to take off like that? I think he could have pulled on the M3 in the long run with out building up all that boost in the begining. YEA? seems to me like its not worth the wair n tair of the engine to take off like that.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:28 AM
justang05
2nd Gear Member

It didnt even look like the M3 was messing with him. For some reason ricers like to race whether you do or not...
Old 04-26-2006, 01:35 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

are you talking about the rev stop rev stop rev stop.... thing?
thats him hitting the rev limiter to launch at high rpms. basically he is flooring it in neutral.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:40 AM
jericho73
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Why did his engine blow??! it just seemed like a normal race? Was he running to much boost for that car? I'd be pissed if I just turbo'd my stang and that happened. Does any one actuall know what happened to that engine by the sounds of it? lol Sounded like something fell out lol.
Well its a DSM <Diamond Star Motors, 3g Eclipse GSX>, and DSM's are notorious for being unreliable, esp when the car is overbootsing, which it sounds like this guy was. Just guessing but it sounds like he upgraded the turbo, and was making alot more whp over stock, and he probably didn't upgrade the internals. People, esp ricers, think all you do is slap on a turbo and you're done, but a turbo is just one element, you need to upgrade the engine as well to do it right. And it sounded like he went past the rev limiter or misshifted when he hit it...prolly a misshift from 2nd to 5th instead of 3rd, and kablooey engine.

Quick Reply: Ricer.