Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

neighbor hit me?!

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2006, 12:52 AM
angryterry26

Default neighbor hit me?!

My neighbor hit my car pulling into his spot in our apartment complex. My fault for not having a garage but his fault for hitting me. He has agreed to pay for the damages, which are just body and paint damage to the rear bumper.
Here is where I need help. I recently got a dual exhaust system installed and I kept the v6 bumber and just notched it to fit. Now I can either have my neighbor pay $475 to fix my current bumper, or I can get a GT bumper and use that. If I went with the GT bumper, would it fit just like the v6 and the exhaust tip exits or do i need another v6 bumper? Either one would be cheaper than paying $475 to fix. If buying a new bumper is cheaper, then where should I get one, EBAY?

Sidenote: My new is exhaust is a dual system with an H-pipe and two aero-turbine mufflers. I didn't use MRTs but they are the same mufflers. They are about a thousand miles miles broken in and I should be posting a sound clip pretty soon. Cost a total of $640.
Old 04-26-2006, 12:57 AM
Steven6095
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: neighbor hit me?!

v6 mustang stuff.com has take off rear bumpers.
Bet you and your neighbor will both be happier
Old 04-26-2006, 12:59 AM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

you could get the gt bumper frommike at cascotech (ebay) and it should align CLOSE. you will most likely(90%) have to go to s shopand have them moveit around a bitbutit wont be more than $50. Go with the gt if you want.Personally i like the look of the cut v6.......but whatever float syour boat........alsoyou could get another v6 bumper (probably 100 on ebay) and have your neighbor buy that and the street scene rear lip! i think thts what id do...........

PS. my spacebar sucks sorry if its hard to read. LOL
Old 04-26-2006, 01:01 AM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

I was in the same boat a while ago. Some one told me that if you just bought the Gt bumper it would look kinda weird cause the GT's have a ground effect to the rear,front bumper,and sidepanels. Your back bumper basically wouldn't match the V6 front one. The side panels would look alright if you don't have the black plastic trim like I do. I would just get the bumper you have fixed like I did.
Old 04-26-2006, 01:18 AM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

i have a vista blue oem take off for the v6.... needs paint and fitting, hit me upp ill let it go cheap

Paul

Paulfay16@hotmail.com
Old 04-26-2006, 01:20 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

It's the perfect opportunity to go for a GT bumper. It's been said... but, you'll probably have to line up your driver side pipe with the new notch.
Old 04-26-2006, 02:34 AM
0to60
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

I was in the same boat a while ago. Some one told me that if you just bought the Gt bumper it would look kinda weird cause the GT's have a ground effect to the rear,front bumper,and sidepanels. Your back bumper basically wouldn't match the V6 front one. The side panels would look alright if you don't have the black plastic trim like I do. I would just get the bumper you have fixed like I did.

True, the GT rear bumper has a lip at the bottom that looks essentially like a continuation of the rocker panels (which are body color on the GT but flat black on our sixers).

I know several people on this forum have made the switch, though. In fact, I just ordered a GT bumper this past weekend (v6mustangstuff.com).

I'm planning on painting the lower lip flat black to match the rocker panels (and the fang chin spoiler I'm going to add if this looks good).

-Tim
Old 04-26-2006, 09:51 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Defenitely get the Gt bumper It would look way better with that amount of money you can get the Gt rear bumper and side skirts, and then later on you can get the front bumper or a chin spoiler, why would you pay to get a v6 bumper fixed? LOL
Old 04-26-2006, 11:53 AM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

These guys are good.

http://stores.ebay.com/DIVERSIFIED-M...Q3amesstQQtZkm
Old 04-26-2006, 08:40 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

How bad is your fascia damaged? I had to have an area repaired on mine. They removed the fascia, touched up the spot, clearcoated the whole thing and reinstalled it for 260 bucks. It didn't need any major bodywork though, it was a small scraped area (note to self, always make sure car is IN garage before closing door!)

Quick Reply: neighbor hit me?!