Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Mistress

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 02:01 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

Default The Mistress

John, I've been following the story of the Mistress on your site for a few weeks now.

I wanted to tell you what an awesome car I think she is.

I just got a Screaming Yellow 06.

I just did the Diablo 93 tune and next week the exhaust goes in. Did you ever put in headers? I hadn't noticed on your site if you did or not, if so, which brand?

Thanks
Old 04-27-2006, 07:39 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: The Mistress

ORIGINAL: ranebowcyxx

John, I've been following the story of the Mistress on your site for a few weeks now.

I wanted to tell you what an awesome car I think she is.

I just got a Screaming Yellow 06.

I just did the Diablo 93 tune and next week the exhaust goes in. Did you ever put in headers? I hadn't noticed on your site if you did or not, if so, which brand?

Thanks
Congrats on the new Screaming Yellow!!! And thanks!

Nope, no headers... not much of a gain... the stock manifolds aren't to bad on our cars.... the new muffler will get you a nice gain...
Old 04-27-2006, 12:51 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey scrming hearing rumors that you broke something in your engine is this true?
Old 04-27-2006, 02:28 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Hey scrming hearing rumors that you broke something in your engine is this true?
yep... in the process of putting a new 4.0L in... eventually we'll tear down original 4.0 to find out exactally what's wrong... but best guess is a piece of the piston broke off and smacked the spark plug and damaged at least the exhaust valve.....
Old 04-27-2006, 02:44 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

ouch, how much is the new motor costing you?
Old 04-27-2006, 04:09 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

ouch, how much is the new motor costing you?
not sure yet... LOL
Old 04-27-2006, 04:17 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

yep... in the process of putting a new 4.0L in... eventually we'll tear down original 4.0 to find out exactally what's wrong... but best guess is a piece of the piston broke off and smacked the spark plug and damaged at least the exhaust valve.....
My motor broke too. Only had 1800 miles on it (but I wasn't racing LOL). I think a piston seized up. Got the whole engine replaced becuase Ford wanted my old broken one.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:46 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

My motor broke too. Only had 1800 miles on it (but I wasn't racing LOL). I think a piston seized up. Got the whole engine replaced becuase Ford wanted my old broken one.

wow... i bet they did want it back!
Old 04-27-2006, 04:56 PM
Wicked Pony
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Wicked Pony

wow... i bet they did want it back!
I bet my engine was built on a Friday or something.
Old 04-27-2006, 05:27 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Dang that sucks hopefully your new one wont blow! I think it might have been the 125 shot of nos maybe? LOL!

[sm=nxsmile.gif]

Quick Reply: The Mistress