Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any Ideas on a Shaker Hood scoop for V6

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2006, 08:50 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

Default Any Ideas on a Shaker Hood scoop for V6

Can the Shaker Hoodscoop Kit for the GT be Modified to fit the V6 Mustang ??
or is there a seporate kit avalable for the V6 ?
Old 04-27-2006, 08:54 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Any Ideas on a Shaker Hood scoop for V6

http://www.fangperformance.com/php/i...page&PAGE_id=6

Scroll down to behold the wonderment.
Old 04-27-2006, 10:22 PM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

what kind of gains can we expect from the shaker??? how exactly does it work??
Old 04-27-2006, 11:50 PM
omer333
3rd Gear Member

As far as I can tell, a shaker hood funnels cold or cooler air from outside the car as it's moving into the CAI. The cooler air helps the engine run cooler, thus better and making more power.

Would someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

This link is a bit more informative:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shaker_hood_scoop
Old 04-28-2006, 12:03 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

your hitting right on the head there omer333. the shaker really is a stylish intake. the opening in the hood is needed for the inhalation of the cold air. sans the scoop that you see when the hoods closed. if you look at the picture of the underside of the hood you will notice that there is an opening rite along the side of hood. when the hood is closed it creates a seal on that opening and as incoming air travels through the scoop it works its way through the channel in the hood to the opening in the stock airbox. its concept isalmost identical to the function of the opening through which the stock airbox receives air. however instead of a little opening in front or under teh car soemwhere you have the advantage of taking in the air straight from its source. the outside.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:09 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

I've been thinking real hard about going with the shaker, it's good looking and functional.

But 1249.00 is wayyyyyyyyyyy too much. I've seen it for 749.00. And the guys doing my work used to work for me so I'm getting pretty good deals on stuff.

The name of the shop is Keith's Pit Stop in Gettysburg PA, I'm waiting on a quote for the shaker from them.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

what type of hp gains can you get for 1200$ i mean i like cosmetic stuff but a cali dreamer hood looks much better. i would go with that if you only get like 10 hp.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:27 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

that price is for the hood and the shaker i believe.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:28 AM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

ORIGINAL: Harry_F

what type of hp gains can you get for 1200$ i mean i like cosmetic stuff but a cali dreamer hood looks much better. i would go with that if you only get like 10 hp.
I don't really know what you can expect, with any mod it depends on a lot of other factors, such as other mods you may have done, gears,exhaust ect...

I would guess for the shaker hood you would a minimum of 10 HP.

But you can't always go for the raw number, some mods just give you a little better driveabilty. For instance, I just did a 93 octane Diablo tune, my car doesn't feel any better off the line, in fact WOT isn;t that much better either, but part throttle response is much better as is the shifting in the tranny. And let's face it, part throttle is where we are 99% of the time. The car is just more responsive as I work my way through traffic and therefore more enjoyable to drive.
Old 04-28-2006, 02:16 AM
Kriger
2nd Gear Member

I have a c&l /xcal2 package from fred at evolution performance.... On a 93 tune... running 94 The v6 screams out of the whole over the stock airbox. It regular drive I can lay about a 5 to 10 foot dual rubber trail. I have a lsd.... if I drop the animal to low it gets ugly! She can knock them lose with just a light touch of throttle. Across the whole rpm band she pulls something insane. shifts better and has alot more get up and go. As far as the shaker goes... thats $1200 toward a charger... and thats the power i believe we're looking for.

Quick Reply: Any Ideas on a Shaker Hood scoop for V6