Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

things are getting serious

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2006, 12:22 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

Default things are getting serious

well, after i went to that autocross event a week and a half ago, i fell in love ALL over again with the stang. what that GT did out there showed me alot about the actual potential of my car as well. he had 2 cylinders more then me but in the world of autocross, it aint always about the amount of cylinders or your HP. its about getting from point A to point B in the quickest time without hitting nothing. well anyway, i thought about it and i decided that i would not let myself ruin another oppurtunity to enjoy all y car has to offer. i started off by getting an S&B CAI. i choose that because the price was affordable and the looks are awesome so, it was well worth it. the gains are exactly where i need them and anything i can do to get my car to breath better can only be a plus in my book. a day after that i thought... i need to drop the car something fierce because even with the raked look from the factory, it still sits 2 high for my taste. lower it! i said to myself. at first it was going to be just the springs. the more i thought about it though, i started hating that idea though because the factory spends a ton of time tuning a cars suspension to give the most comfortable ride possible. sometimes that means that performance take the back seat. lower teh car 1.5inches and your putting stress on a suspension that was never meant to continuously stay lowered and by beating on it during races you shorten teh life of the shock and or strut. i had almost given up when i happened upon a website that was selling eibach pro dampers, eibach springs, AND new front and rear sway bars. all for 860. to some of you that seems like alot but consider that the package deal works to compliment one another and the cost of the parts seperate, and the price actually starts to sound pretty good. anyway, i installed the sways and have yet to install the rest but let me tell you this. if the sway are ANY indication of where my car is going... im glad i did it. let me say that even with weak stock tires, the car thus far has gone from wondering *** to "Point, Shoot, & Forget" its that nice. i literally pointed the nose where i wanted and the car without complaining went there. also teh fact that the front is adjustable makes it fun to. i have the setting on the recommended "Race ONLY setting" am i being stupid, probably but lets be totally honest how many people given the oppurtunity would not do the same thing?! see, thats what i thought. its a hoot to drive. anyway, middle setting recommends weight to the rear of the car and teh first setting is teh comfort setting. i dont know about you guys and gals but if i wanted comfort i would not have gotten that eibach kit. saturday, after i paint my wifes (& mine) bedroom i will be installing the springs shocks and struts and teh car will have an even better grip of the road. pictures WILL be added in a day or so. keep your eyes peeled cuz this stang is almost ready to begin her training.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:26 AM
chipschwab
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: things are getting serious

cant read all of that.... Overwelming lol.... someone summarize?lol jk
Old 04-28-2006, 12:27 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

i love the mustang and i hope you get your car to handle well. but its far from an autocross car. but i hope to see you with killer times out there. if your going to seriously do it consider the x-charger. its got good low end power. great for autocross. good luck. oh and lol try drifting it.

P.S i love it when it rains in florida.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:29 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

drifting once in a while is on the agenda for the car as well. i am still researching what is the best setting for a drift car. loose front sways or have it tight? i still have not gotten a good answer on that.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:33 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

is this guy a litature major??? [X(]
Old 04-28-2006, 12:36 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

actually i did write a book but no, not a lit major. never took any formal writing class. no the book never got published, it was just to see if i could thats all. i write in description cuz it lets people visualize a little better.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:39 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06mustang

actually i did write a book but no, not a lit major. never took any formal writing class. no the book never got published, it was just to see if i could thats all. i write in description cuz it lets people visualize a little better.
My visualization was sugar plums dancing in my head.... as I was falling asleep... [sm=alcoholic.gif]
Old 04-28-2006, 12:42 AM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

have yourself mustang wishes and pony car dreams.
Old 04-28-2006, 12:44 AM
randy78045
6th Gear Member

Old 04-28-2006, 10:30 PM
06mustang
1st Gear Member

hows this for serious...

BEFORE

AFTER.

i cannot wait till the car settles a bit more.

Quick Reply: things are getting serious