Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

You all are pretty darn cool

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2006, 03:38 AM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

Default You all are pretty darn cool

I am glad I found these message forums. It's nice to come to board dedicated to V6 owners. I bought mine a few weeks ago and I really feel it is the most beautiful car I have ever owned. Last car was a very used saturn in very bad shape. The interior light was hanging by it's wires and swinging like a chandelier so I decided it was time to buy a new car. Made a joke to my wife about getting a new mustang and she said "why not?" The rest is history. It is great to cruise in. I find Aerosmith's "Sweet Emotion" for the highway and Jimmy Hendrix' "Burning of the Midnight Lamp" on the road good songs to crank up. I remember when I brought it to work, I took my students out to see it during recess. A "field trip" if you will. It was very fun. I have made a lot of "friends" on the road as well. Last week a honda civic pulled next to me and the guy in the passenger side politely told me that they were going to "smoke my POS stang." I didn't race him because I did not know if it was true but basically that was what I would have done 10 years ago when I was a bit younger. It is defanately a new thing hearing people revving their engines wanting to race though. Very new experience. Anyway, I just wanted to come on here and post on first, how absolutely awesome your cars all look, and that I am learning a heck of a lot by reading through these forums. I plan to modify soon and will take much advice from the posts I am reading about. Right now all I have is USMC window sticker I put on today LOL. Well that is about it. Thanks for all the help you give us noobs! Oh, I shall keep this post on topic with a question I would like to know. What is the absolute best thing to do for minor scratches? I saw this stuff by turtle wax with this lipstick thing in it. That is the only thing I am worried about as far as now. That's about it! Thanks!!!!
Old 04-30-2006, 05:05 AM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: You all are pretty darn cool

Welcome brother "teacherman."

The Mustang culture is a standard feature that I didn't know about! Definitely a pleasant surprise!
Old 04-30-2006, 06:02 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

welcome to the Forum Teacherman. Congrats on your recent purchase hope you get to enjoy yours for a long time to come...

Don't have any scratches on mine so not sure what to tell you to use...sure someone here will have an answer for you though.

Not that I've gotten around to it yet either, but post some pics of you ride when you get a chance.
Old 04-30-2006, 06:33 AM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the board! Post some pics!

Do you have any mod plans?

Oh... and, there are very, very few Civics ya need to fear... ya would have smoked 'im!
Old 04-30-2006, 11:14 AM
Railrider
2nd Gear Member

Welcome friend,

Glad to hear you are enjoying the new purchase, You'll find lots of help here, this is by far the
best Mustang forum, and lot's of really nice people. As far as the scratches go, The Turtle Wax
color wax is real good stuff, I had a Black 2001 Chevy Xtreme pickup, Bought it used so it had
several scratches on it, Some went down to the primer, I bought the Turtle Wax color match
wax with the scratch-fix lipstick thingy and worked my A__ off the next day waxing, I have to
say it worked great, A coulpe of guys where I work thought I had it painted, Just be prepared to
work hard at getting the wax off, Or go out and buy a motorized polisher like I did, It helps a lot.

Railrider

Old 04-30-2006, 12:43 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hamidlmt

Congrats on the new ride and welcome to the board! Post some pics!

Do you have any mod plans?

Oh... and, there are very, very few Civics ya need to fear... ya would have smoked 'im!

Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as mods, well right now I want to get rid of the horrid stock muffler. I thought it was going to an easy choice but after listening to so many sound clips I do not think it will. I was going to go with a dual exhaust but then I heard a sound clip of a single Borla muffler and I think that is all I need, at least for now. The hard part though, is that I heard the flowmaster which I also really liked. We shall see. Eventually I would like a dual exhaust but my mission is to take the stock muffler and burry it. That is pretty much it for now. I REALLY want to someday get the GT grille and fogs but that is more long term. Was goiong to save up for an Xbox 360 but I feel the auto is more important Oh, and of course I was going to slap NOS stickers all over it so people know I mean business! Just kidding!! Pics to come soon!

Oh, by the way Hamlidlmt, your exhaust sound clips are the reason I am going with a single for now. I heard your single GT takeoff and really was happy with the way it sounded. Made me realize that for short term I can go with a single muffler and be happy until I get what I really want.
Old 04-30-2006, 12:46 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Congrats on your stang and welcome to teh forum. Glad you are enjoying it and look forward to your posts.
Old 04-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Welcome aboard, I'm sure the car will gain you some "street cred" with your students Back when I was in high school I had a physics class with a really dweebie teacher. I couldn't believe it when I found out his daily driver was a '69 GTO. I looked at him in a new light after that
Old 04-30-2006, 03:08 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

The kids in Civics is just part and parcel of owning a slick car. When I had my '64 Galaxie 500 (nice cruiser) it was kids in straight six Mavericks. It can be insulting because the Galaxie would have put the 390 c.i. lesson on him but it's usually not worth it. They'll just break the speed limit to pass you so that they think that they won while their muffler is draggin' the ground! Some just get along side and mess with my 'Stang just to see me punch it. Sometimes I do, sometimes not. I guess you could just consider it a compliment. They don't mess with cars like that unless they think the car is tough.
Old 04-30-2006, 04:08 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: teacherman

Thanks for the welcome guys. As far as mods, well right now I want to get rid of the horrid stock muffler. I thought it was going to an easy choice but after listening to so many sound clips I do not think it will. I was going to go with a dual exhaust but then I heard a sound clip of a single Borla muffler and I think that is all I need, at least for now. The hard part though, is that I heard the flowmaster which I also really liked. We shall see. Eventually I would like a dual exhaust but my mission is to take the stock muffler and burry it. That is pretty much it for now. I REALLY want to someday get the GT grille and fogs but that is more long term. Was goiong to save up for an Xbox 360 but I feel the auto is more important Oh, and of course I was going to slap NOS stickers all over it so people know I mean business! Just kidding!! Pics to come soon!

Oh, by the way Hamlidlmt, your exhaust sound clips are the reason I am going with a single for now. I heard your single GT takeoff and really was happy with the way it sounded. Made me realize that for short term I can go with a single muffler and be happy until I get what I really want.
Some of the singles sound just amazing... and, you'll be very happy with the upgrade... even the humble GT take-off creates a dandy change in character that'll put a smile on your face when you stomp the pedal. Both the Borla and Flowmaster are good, good choices! Let us know what you decide!

Quick Reply: You all are pretty darn cool