Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Blue Stripes black car?

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2006, 10:01 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default Blue Stripes black car?

Ok I know at some point I'm going to be puting the racing stripes on my car. I've been playing with that site where you can put them on...

http://www.spectrummarcom.com/mustan...pepainter.html

Anyways Mine is all black, I'm thinking I really like the look of the sonic blue stripes, and I also like the look of the yellow stripes...my wife says to go with the white...which are ok, but I don't know.

So what do you all think? Does the blue look as good as I think it does? Do you think the images on this site will be pretty true do final product?

I know some of you clean lines pony drivers will say not to put stripes on, but I love the look of the stripes so it's gona happen.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:06 PM
SPARTAN VI
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Blue Stripes black car?

Blue stripes on black is definitely hot. A coworker of mine said yellow stripes, too... don't know.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:22 PM
TempleOfDog

From the site, I am not into the sonic blue stripes on black. Maybe it looks better in person. I personally think the red stripes on black looks great.
Old 05-04-2006, 10:54 PM
djl0657
2nd Gear Member

black with the dark red is a great combo on the site. classic combo!!!!
Old 05-04-2006, 11:15 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

How can u say no to the yellow?! its damn sexy in my opinion, its a Better head turner than blue OR Red put together. Yellow all the way dude! post pics

Paul
Old 05-05-2006, 01:30 AM
orion6g
2nd Gear Member

dark red maybe... If you're looking to get decals I'm afraid you bought the wrong color of car. The only mods that look good with black paint are tinted windows and dark red. Whatever you do be careful, decals can make or break the look of a car. Black cars are meant to look f**king mean and sleek, decals usualy take away from that. If you do the stripes makes sure you also do it along the bottom of the door in the same color, stripes by themselves have always been questionable for me. Best of luck.
Old 05-05-2006, 03:58 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I do want to keep the mean/sleak look, I just want to add to it a bit. The stripes are the only thing I want to do to it appearance wise. I've allready got the side stripes, but they're in white. So if I go any color other than white I've got to remove those to do new ones. Judging from the web site I think that the yellow ones probably look the meanest (IMO), but I really like the look of the blue too. The red is nice, but it's just not my style. I'd like to see these choices on real cars, but at the same time I don't want to copy anybody I want mine to be unique. Oh well..I'll make up my mind eventually...right this minute I;m actually thinking about sticking with the white ones as that look is pretty nice too, plus I could leave my side stripes alone... Thanks everybody for your input...anybody else have any my ears are open.

Damn I hope I have an easier time picking out my performance mods! LOL
Old 05-05-2006, 06:03 AM
DoYourEssay

IMO: Black car, silver stripes, 'cause that's what I have and I couldn't be more happy with the way she looks.
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - it's your car, do what makes you happy!
Old 05-05-2006, 06:18 AM
SierraMistBush

I say either mineral grey, or torch red stripes...those look sick!!...yellow looks too much like the rumble bee, and white is ugh...

[IMG]local://upfiles/32891/E9CF20A513D342168DADDB0C836DCE7F.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32891/082671DDF0CC4715B15475ADE98FA1F8.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/32891/A97A6C8E54434E3A8B82AF7143722704.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-05-2006, 10:39 AM
chidrock
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blazen351

I do want to keep the mean/sleak look, I just want to add to it a bit. The stripes are the only thing I want to do to it appearance wise. I've allready got the side stripes, but they're in white. So if I go any color other than white I've got to remove those to do new ones. Judging from the web site I think that the yellow ones probably look the meanest (IMO), but I really like the look of the blue too. The red is nice, but it's just not my style. I'd like to see these choices on real cars, but at the same time I don't want to copy anybody I want mine to be unique. Oh well..I'll make up my mind eventually...right this minute I;m actually thinking about sticking with the white ones as that look is pretty nice too, plus I could leave my side stripes alone... Thanks everybody for your input...anybody else have any my ears are open.

Damn I hope I have an easier time picking out my performance mods! LOL
I'm going through the same thing as you. I've narrowed it down to either light blue double-wide stripes or dark blue racing stripes. I'm probably going to order the dark blue ones once I get my paycheck. I plan on getting the side stripes to match. The hardest part will be taking the white ones off though lol.

Quick Reply: Blue Stripes black car?