Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gonna start tuning ! Bamachips tuner off of Ebay

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2006, 12:41 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Default Gonna start tuning ! Bamachips tuner off of Ebay

Well, for me, it's hard to believe. I have never tuned anything, in fact, I don't think I have ever altered any of my vehicles I have ever owned...... just won an SCT XCalibrator 2 off of Ebay, which has Bamachips 87, 89 and 91 performance tunes.

My question is this. If I am willing to run 89 or 91 tune, should I even bother with the 87? I guess what I am asking is this.... while I don't mind spending more on gas to run at 89 or 91, there is no sense just throwing money away.... so, does the 87 tune take care of some many issues with the car that the 89 and 91 add only tiny improvements, or do you really see an improvement with the 89 and 91.

And, what is the difference between Bamachips 91 Perf and 91 torque tune? Ya... I can figure out the 91 torque has more torque, but how much more? And at what expense? Nothing in life is free, if I end up with more torque, then what do I sacrafice vs. the 91 perf? Worse midrange and high end torque?

And lastly.... for those of you who started with Bamachips tunes only and then added a CAI later, was the CAI worth the difference?

Woo hoo... I am about to start tuning. I hope it makes a difference.
Old 05-08-2006, 12:44 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Gonna start tuning ! Bamachips tuner off of Ebay

torque tune is more power down low, performance is more power up high.

Did you make sure the tuner you bought was programmed for the computer you have in your car? not all 05/06 v6's are created equal.
Old 05-08-2006, 01:09 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Ya... same computer code on my box and his SCT....

So, when you say more performance up high, you mean like when you punch it when you are already going 40+ MPH? So if you go with the torque tune, you end up sacraficing some upper end pickup?
Old 05-08-2006, 01:35 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

in the rpm range. torque tune would be around town, performance tune would be what you would want to use at the track probably.
Old 05-08-2006, 08:44 PM
SOLDSHORT
5th Gear Member

How did you bid snipe me with 6 seconds left? i placed mine and it told me there was 6 seconds left.
Old 05-08-2006, 09:31 PM
ranebowcyxx
BadAss 13-sec N/A 4.0L

ORIGINAL: fazm

torque tune is more power down low, performance is more power up high.

Did you make sure the tuner you bought was programmed for the computer you have in your car? not all 05/06 v6's are created equal.
Boy that's true, I'm finding that out the hard way, so is Predator by the way.
Old 05-09-2006, 12:01 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

How did you bid snipe me with 6 seconds left? i placed mine and it told me there was 6 seconds left.
i'll let you in on a little secret... my wife use a thing called e-snipe... not sure of their web address but for like 25 cents (???) it will submit a bid automatically with only a few seconds left...
Old 05-09-2006, 12:51 AM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: SOLDSHORT

i'll let you in on a little secret... my wife use a thing called e-snipe... not sure of their web address but for like 25 cents (???) it will submit a bid automatically with only a few seconds left...
That's just lazy. A true sniper makes his (or her) own kills...
Old 05-09-2006, 03:26 AM
LX200
4th Gear Member

Opppss... sorry I snipped you. I usually open 3 windows, each with three bids, sitting at the confirm screen. Then, with 15 seconds left, I hit the first one, refresh the main window, if I get outbid, I just pop to another of my open windows sitting at confirm, and blast that one in.... I am an expert snipper !!
Old 05-09-2006, 04:02 AM
05 Silvertible
2nd Gear Member

kind of a dumb question coming....whats the dif between buying a matching SCT off of ebay and calling Doug at Bamaand waiting for him to send out a new one. Without a dyno tune are all tuners the same as long as they match the number off of your box? easy on me guys...my feeling get hurt easily.

Quick Reply: Gonna start tuning ! Bamachips tuner off of Ebay