Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

window lavours

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-2006, 05:47 AM
CaSh69JuE
1st Gear Member

Default window lavours

if i order window lavours, do i have to paint them or do they come painted? also are they easy to install? like a quick job or no?
Old 05-09-2006, 06:52 AM
ST4NG
1st Gear Member

Default RE: window lavours

I don't have window louvers (yet). However you will likely have to paint them yourself. The install depends on the manufacturer.
Old 05-09-2006, 07:23 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: CaSh69JuE

if i order window lavours, do i have to paint them or do they come painted? also are they easy to install? like a quick job or no?
Depends on which louvers and where you get them from... so yes, you can them pre-painted... personally I would find a very reputable body shop and have them paint them.... also ask them to guarantee a color match... This might not be the cheapest way but it give the best results!
Old 05-09-2006, 10:48 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

it depends on the color scheme your tryn to go wit. I'm planin on just leavn mines black, b/c i'm goin w/ a black theme i.e. Black interior, Black wheels, Black Chin Spoiler, Black hood scoop, Black Stripes. Of course its gonna take a while but it's gonna be a beast once i'm done. to answer your question It depends on where you get them from, some places will paint them to the factory specs and some just send it to you un preped, you might have to sand it and paint it yourself.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:01 AM
stang_4_joey
1st Gear Member

I ordered Louvers and they came from the manufacturer with a Satin Black Powder Coating. These Louvers are made out of aluminum and are supplied with metal plates that have a 3M adhesive on the back of them These plates get attached to the rear window and then the Louvers get screwed onto these plates. One small problem I encountered with these Louvers was that the two supports that come down the center come in direct contact with the window and chatter when you drive or gover bumps. I over came this problem by purchasing some foam weather stripping from Home Depot and placing it on the supports where they come in contact with the window.
Old 05-09-2006, 11:55 AM
RedFireChik
1st Gear Member

I got mine from MRT and they came powder coated. I had a friend of mine paint and install them. Color match is perfect and I LOVE them.
Old 05-09-2006, 02:50 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

I have the Roush louvers and you can remove them. I had to have them painted and then the husband installed them.

[IMG]local://upfiles/27161/25A8CD50E60648508FA8DE9D2A682D46.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-09-2006, 04:01 PM
Big Studly
I ♥ Acer

The dealership threw mine in for free and painted them to match...mine are not louvers though, they are the scoops...

I just bought a hood scoop of off e-bay and the guy is painting it to match.....i just gave him the color code for the paint (the 06 tungeton gray). Haven't gotten it yet, but I can't imagine it not matching......
Old 05-09-2006, 09:13 PM
chavalo_nm1
3rd Gear Member

I got mine online and I wentt o a local body shop and they got the paint code off the side of my driver door and it was an exact match. After they installed them too......using the 3M tape tape that came with them. They did it all for around forty bucks which was really good.
Old 05-09-2006, 09:17 PM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

my were urethane , i got them, i had to get them preped and painted.. and installed. costed as much as it did to buy them

Quick Reply: window lavours