Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Disturbing......

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 02:21 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Disturbing......

try this link out Tino it says there is a data viewer.

http://www.diablosport.com/index.php...display&pid=11
Old 05-12-2006, 02:30 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Sorry I confused you I knew what you mean.....

Yeah they actually have a datalogger and the viewer for it capable of high and low speed logging......

Guess I am going to record the car and view the results...... I am waiting to intall the headers and dual h and then I'll be looking for a dyno shop using predator.....
the can tunes are ok but once I openned the intake with the CAI and then the exhaust / headers I think it will need a professional tune.

Thanks for the help!!!!
Old 05-12-2006, 02:35 PM
screaminyellin6
2nd Gear Member

Yeah -- the fan stays on almost 100% on the tune when it comes from SCT. Some tuners will keep it stock and cause the fan to be on almost the entire time the engine is on , and others will change the temp so that it goes on less frequently . I had mine dropped (raised) a couple of degrees and issue resolved. Otherwise if you can live with it... then leave it on all the time.

btw --- Who makes an 83 octane tune ? Must be real good with gas prices nowadays LOL
Old 05-12-2006, 02:41 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Thanks,

I was thinking of dropping it a couple of degrees (the noise is annoying)
Old 05-12-2006, 08:29 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tino

Thanks,

I was thinking of dropping it a couple of degrees (the noise is annoying)
talk to your tuner before changing, may throw out some of your performance if it is already set,
Old 05-12-2006, 10:54 PM
Goliath
1st Gear Member

Diablos can datalog, you can even select the parameters you would like to monitor, read your manual and it will tell you houw.
Old 05-12-2006, 11:12 PM
josh06
1st Gear Member

The fans only purpose is to keep the engine at a certain temp as hot as posible with out creating Nox,to cool the engine,and maintain the right temp.also pulls more air into the radiator to allow it to absorb the heat cooling the engine.So all the new cars are not designed for performance but to burn as clean as posable,through the cats etc.So i am not sure what kind of issues you might have changing the tuning in your engine.Might damage the cats if too rich.I guess if you live in a state with no smog then hell with the cats.I live in Ca in a enhanced smog area.So i am not sure if they will make us smog our cars which puts some of the mods out the window,bummer.