Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Procharger set up

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2006, 10:59 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Procharger set up

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Thats my main first concern is the stress on the engine as a daily driver, thats why I wanted to go with 7.Why so little TQ with the 7psi? Thats the only thing I don't like. I don't mind the 20 less hp from the 9psi but losing like 40 50 tq from the 9 psi kinda hurts. Could a good guy who tunes fix it? or meybe some aftermarket header and cats in the long run? lol

Thanks for all the input
Well perhaps the X-Charger might be more what your looking for...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:14 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

lol let me explain... its not upshifting.. its coming to a red light to turn right and it goes green for example... i HATE downshifting into 1st.. its sooo jerky in ANY car. so im looking to gain better low end power... i LOVE my mustang dont get me rong, it dusnt mean its perfect... yes if i could afford a GT i would have 1 right now, same goes for 99% of people on the 4.0 section, but we have to make do... i can live with 2nd gear as it is, but i really WANT (not need) more power in 2nd gear at low rpms instead of downshifting into 1st. i have a manual car by the way... in an auto it down shifts perfectly, manual = bumpy and uncomfortable.

Now i cant beleive a supercharger wouldnt give u any gain low end, it MUST do sumthing... (even if its just the TUNE that dus it theres got to be sumthing i can do to help )

So... to recap, i love my mustang, i dislike having no power in 2nd, i hate down shifting into 1st from 2nd at 1700 rpm just for to to take off before i get rear ended.

Lots of Love from Pauly
Old 05-12-2006, 11:17 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

There is no intercooler for the x - charger right?
Old 05-12-2006, 11:20 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: paulboy16

lol let me explain... its not upshifting.. its coming to a red light to turn right and it goes green for example... i HATE downshifting into 1st.. its sooo jerky in ANY car. so im looking to gain better low end power... i LOVE my mustang dont get me rong, it dusnt mean its perfect... yes if i could afford a GT i would have 1 right now, same goes for 99% of people on the 4.0 section, but we have to make do... i can live with 2nd gear as it is, but i really WANT (not need) more power in 2nd gear at low rpms instead of downshifting into 1st. i have a manual car by the way... in an auto it down shifts perfectly, manual = bumpy and uncomfortable.

Now i cant beleive a supercharger wouldnt give u any gain low end, it MUST do sumthing... (even if its just the TUNE that dus it theres got to be sumthing i can do to help )

So... to recap, i love my mustang, i dislike having no power in 2nd, i hate down shifting into 1st from 2nd at 1700 rpm just for to to take off before i get rear ended.

Lots of Love from Pauly

You need a roots type supercharger.... Like the X-Charger which is an Eaton M-90... makes like 80% of it's boost by 1800 RPM...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Thats my main first concern is the stress on the engine as a daily driver, thats why I wanted to go with 7.Why so little TQ with the 7psi? Thats the only thing I don't like. I don't mind the 20 less hp from the 9psi but losing like 40 50 tq from the 9 psi kinda hurts. Could a good guy who tunes fix it? or meybe some aftermarket header and cats in the long run? lol

Thanks for all the input

Rick I double checked Belial TQ he put down 291@ 7psi it and at 9psi the TQ would be 306TQ per dyno chart so you would only lose about 15lb-ft TQ vs 9psi.

http://forums.bradbarnett.net/showth...t=39199&page=3
Old 05-12-2006, 11:21 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

There is no intercooler for the x - charger right?
Nope... no room for it... Best bet would be to install a water/meth kit...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:22 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Thanks for all the input

Rick I double checked Belial TQ he put down 291@ 7psi it and at 9psi the TQ would be 306TQ per dyno chart so you would only lose about 15lb-ft TQ vs 9psi.

what ever happened to that guy... haven't heard much from him...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:26 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Thanks for all the input

what ever happened to that guy... haven't heard much from him...
Ya he posted here about 3 weeks ago I guess you know the forums wear off after awhile same here don't read or post as much as I use to esp since TMS went down all those times I gave up on TMS
Old 05-12-2006, 11:30 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Ya he posted here about 3 weeks ago I guess you know the forums wear off after awhile same here don't read or post as much as I use to esp since TMS went down all those times I gave up on TMS
I hear you... I've cut back on the forums... Here and the 4.0 collective...
Old 05-12-2006, 11:32 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Now 291TQ is tolerable for 7PSI. Is he running a manual or auto? Does he have a 3 core intercooler or a 2 core?

Thanks a bunch for all the imput

Quick Reply: Procharger set up