Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

DISSAPPOINTED

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 02:25 AM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: DISSAPPOINTED

ORIGINAL: jericho73

Something will always be faster...you get a GT, there are still alot of cars that will be as fast or faster stock, and quite a few, everyday daily driving cars. You say this car is slow...16 sec carts would say it's fast. It's all perception...

yup, i got raped by an all motor nova when i had my twin turbo 01 trans am..... theres ALWAYS something faster.
Old 05-14-2006, 03:09 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

I never said i dont love my mustang I DO. I will never trade it in. I didnt buy it to race. The grand am was stock. I work witht the guy. Like i said i wasnt trying to race him, we were not lines up from a stop. He went through the stop sign. then i pulled up to the stop sign. He was already going 40 or so. I left the stop sign a wot thought i would just pass him pretty fast, but once i got half way past him he just left me. I dont really care that I lost, i was just dissappointed that a stcok mustang cant beat a stock grand am in passing. It probably is the ram air thing because he was already going 40 or so. Maybe from a stop I could take him but not trying to race.

The tune you guys mentioned would that take care of the doggy first gear i seem to have in my car. It seems once i hit second it seems to pull alot harder. ANy help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 05-14-2006, 03:15 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

yea it would man, you should look into it what screamin said below

"Call Alternative Auto (www.alternativeauto.com) first thing Monday morning (586.463.0010) and order a SCT X-Cal2. This will fix your problems... you see the problem with the automatic is it has a Torque Limiter so you do not get the full potential of the 4.0L in first gear.. For $400 it will make a night and day difference in your car... If you feel that your POS is not worth an extra $400"
Old 05-14-2006, 03:23 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

Thanks i will have to buy one. I was looking is it better to buy the air intake combo or is the stock air cleaner fine? How much do you actually gain from the air intake?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:28 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

Yea it will make a good dif in the higher rpms. Check out screamins car. He's done a lot of research and he'll tell ya, read through it all its cool.

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng/Mustang.htm
Old 05-14-2006, 03:33 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

Yea it will make a good dif in the higher rpms. Check out screamins car. He's done a lot of research and he'll tell ya, read through it all its cool.

http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...ng/Mustang.htm
To get right the C&L section: http://www.tammyandjohn.com/Mustang/...Mustang.htm#CL

LOL!

Old 05-14-2006, 03:38 PM
ricklmesa@cox.net
3rd Gear Member

lol How is your motor? What going on with that? Have they got to look at yet?
Old 05-14-2006, 03:50 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

That it a very impressive story on his car. I added it to my favorites to refer back to at a later date. I not sure that want to go as far as he did in the mods but they are some impressive gains. If i was going to do a single mod should it be the tune with the C&L intake? Where does John live. I must be close to him because I go to dukes in saginaw michigan to. Just wondered. I live in Sebawaing. About 20 miles from Bay City
Old 05-14-2006, 03:55 PM
chadlet
2nd Gear Member

Also how many miles should i drive to break in the engine? I just bought my car last Thursday. It had 11 miles on it. It now has 700.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:02 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ricklmesa@***.net

lol How is your motor? What going on with that? Have they got to look at yet?
Well, the "lightly used" motor is sitting in the car. It has like less than 5,000 miles on it! LOL! They were supposed to finish "plumbing' it up this weekend and fire her up... Should get an update tomorrow... Then we'll re-tune her, etc... then I'll need to take a day off to go pick her up... hopefully by the end of the week.. Just in time for the first car show of the season next Saturday! LOL!

Quick Reply: DISSAPPOINTED