Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I finally got my mustang!

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2006, 07:40 PM
chikidd

Default I finally got my mustang!

i got a maroon with tan interior, pictures will be posted later. i love this car i think i put over 100 miles on it this first weekend. but can anyone tell me how to make the seatbelt chime to stop ringing when i dont have my seatbelt on? i mean i love to be safe and all, but wearing my seatbelt is uncomfortable and it forces the driver and passanger to wear the seatbelt, or the chime will continously go off.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:42 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I finally got my mustang!

google the seatbelt thing, i found it somewhere before. If you cant find a fix for it, go to a junkyard and find the male end of a seatbelt you can just stick in there. And by maroon...do you mean redfire?
Old 05-14-2006, 07:43 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chikidd

i got a maroon with tan interior, pictures will be posted later. i love this car i think i put over 100 miles on it this first weekend. but can anyone tell me how to make the seatbelt chime to stop ringing when i dont have my seatbelt on? i mean i love to be safe and all, but wearing my seatbelt is uncomfortable and it forces the driver and passanger to wear the seatbelt, or the chime will continously go off.

seat belt save lives... trust me... i know...
Old 05-14-2006, 07:48 PM
MattyJ
2nd Gear Member

Say what you want about the bluntness of my statement, but people who die in car crashes because the seatbelt was "uncomfortable" are basically acting as a sterilization technique to rid the world of yet another moron. And before you all jump down my throat, I had a friend from high school die in a car crash because he got launched out his windshield and broke his neck. He was a moron for not wearing his seatbelt and because of that, I lost a good friend. Everyone does dumb things. Don't let not wearing your seatbelt be one of them...
Old 05-14-2006, 07:51 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: chikidd

seat belt save lives... trust me... i know...
Me too, after getting t-boned by a rig back in 97, I can tell you seat belts save lives. Also go flipped in a jeep once too, so wear your seat belt.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:52 PM
fazm
5th Gear Member

my seatbelt caused 3 ribs and my back to break in a car accident, but at least im alive i always wear my seatbelt.
Old 05-14-2006, 07:53 PM
w.nickelson
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MattyJ

Say what you want about the bluntness of my statement, but people who die in car crashes because the seatbelt was "uncomfortable" are basically acting as a sterilization technique to rid the world of yet another moron. And before you all jump down my throat, I had a friend from high school die in a car crash because he got launched out his windshield and broke his neck. He was a moron for not wearing his seatbelt and because of that, I lost a good friend. Everyone does dumb things. Don't let not wearing your seatbelt be one of them...
You aren't alone in your view MattJ. Darwinism at it's finest.
Old 05-14-2006, 08:03 PM
RedHotMama
1st Gear Member

Just got home from a funeral for a friend that chose to drink and drive and not wear his seatbelt. Head was out of window when he went by a tree...need I say any more. Today is Mother's day and he was an only child, and his funeral was today. If you must turn off the chime the directions are in the owners manual. P.S. my friend probably would be here today if he had his seatbelt on, they drove his truck out of the ditch!!!!!
Old 05-14-2006, 08:29 PM
chikidd

ORIGINAL: fazm

google the seatbelt thing, i found it somewhere before. If you cant find a fix for it, go to a junkyard and find the male end of a seatbelt you can just stick in there. And by maroon...do you mean redfire?
yes i apologize its red fire
Old 05-14-2006, 08:35 PM
harrison
1st Gear Member

Wear your seatbelt. You owe it to your friends and family if nothing else.

Quick Reply: I finally got my mustang!