Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

X Charger - Closer Look

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2006, 11:08 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

Default RE: X Charger - Closer Look

Scrming I know but you know like we talk about with you know who(member ) at the other forum on paper dynos and we tell him get to the track know what I mean?
I know it shaves off some time just like to see real 1/4 miles times with and without I am not saying its not true just like to see it.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:13 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TJ

Scrming I know but you know like we talk about with you know who(member ) at the other forum on paper dynos and we tell him get to the track know what I mean?
I know it shaves off some time just like to see real 1/4 miles times with and without I am not saying its not true just like to see it.
Well... unlike (you know who) I never say any think without being able to back it up with a timeslip... But this is one you will just have to take my word for it! LOL
Old 05-15-2006, 11:20 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Well... unlike (you know who) I never say any think without being able to back it up with a timeslip... But this is one you will just have to take my word for it! LOL

no fair talking in code, shame, shame, shame LOL
Old 05-15-2006, 11:21 PM
TJ
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

Totally agree with you, and wow didn't take you long to figure out who I was talking about did it. LOL

Old 05-15-2006, 11:23 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

That is a great post you put some thought into it. First off I would like to say something. Doug and Dave are not trying to fool any body but I can’t sit back and watch much of this. I feel that strong about this thing. When i did the first dyno with Chris we were on a dynojet and hit 250 to 255 hp on that. We were in a rush dis about 8 pulls and tried my afe and a few other things. I wish we would have just kept with the gt air box. We wasted a lot of time on it. Ok so average hp was 250 he backed some timing out and that is where we were. Now a week goes buy and I meet Dave and Doug. The following Saturday. First run was 236 hp. funny I got 250 down south, No changes. So either his machine was low or the LA machine is high. Anyway Doug plays with it a bit. And now we are up to 250. 13 hp higher than the bench mark run earlier. They were just starting to put on the 2.8 pulley and I looked at Dave and said "dude I got a go" I felt real bad so I let him do a couple of runs. Doug had to tweak the tune and try some stuff so I sat by and could only think of my son (I had promised him he could use the car to take his girl to the prom). and I could see the time ticking away plus I still had an hour drive to return back to the hotel. any way a couple of pulls with the 2.8 and he hit 262 at 8 psi remember we started out at 236. unfortunately I had to go ! I feel to blame for this but crap happens. I hope that jimp gets one because I know if Doug has the proper time and is not rushed he will get more out of it. also did I mention I had to drive all over to get a smaller belt (that wasted allot of time. after seeing TJ’s post last night I felt real bad. I feel that I have not giving Dave the best car for this test (I know I’m the best looking LOL) but I really didn’t give him the time he needed for this. anyway I talked to Dave today and told him i am going to go to the first dyno shop and get a new sheet. I am interested to see if the numbers are dif. I would think that they would be in the 260s if I’m right. I hope Dave doesn’t get mad at me for this story but I thought I needed to clarify this. jimp if you get one please let Doug have his way this it so we can really see what this does. All I can say is I love this thing and its real fun. I wish I new someone with another style so we could each test drive. I gave beaustang a ride the other day and he liked it. Anyone near me lets go for a ride! Whatever you guys go with good luck and have fun with it. Dave is a small CO. and cant slam things out like the others I guess. But ill try to get the other dyno ASAP I called today but they said they were booked up all week, figures! Tj again good post we need write ups like this! remember im going to ricky and ronnies this wednsday if anyone is nearby
Old 05-15-2006, 11:27 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

oh yea dont forget my best time sofar was with the street tune. when i loaded the track tune all i did was burn rubber. i have the video but its to embaressing to post. so i know the extra power/torque dougs track tune produced would help if i could have hooked up!
Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

can sumone summerise for me? the more i read the more info is pushed out of my brain
Old 05-15-2006, 11:32 PM
bscottie
3rd Gear Member

Tom, very well put
Old 05-15-2006, 11:38 PM
afixer
5th Gear Member

paul jet blue flys to long beach pretty cheep ! ill pick you up. bscottie. i know it gets pretty confusing. as im not a big SC guy. all i know is when mike from street scene drove my car 2 weeks ago he loved it. and he has two gts with vortech SC's on them. oh yea guys by the way just a little secret. i put the 2.8 pully back on and am using it right now for testing . pretty interesting power comes on alot quicker.
Old 05-15-2006, 11:50 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Afixer, just to make myself clear here: I absolutely LOVE the X-Charger. I think it's awesome. If i talk about it, it's not a slight against you or the X or anyone else. I'm just a realist. I'd like to see some actual 1/4 mile runs before i go ahead and say it's a mid 13 second car. You can't always accurately extropolate numbers like that. If it does run mid 13s, great! Eggs on my face. Also, Dave and Doug are both great guys. I highly recommend them both, for the supercharger and the tune.

Quick Reply: X Charger - Closer Look