Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Where to buy a new muffler?

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 07:33 PM
Jimp
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: Where to buy a new muffler?

ORIGINAL: Britinastang

likewise..ah crap...to go with dual JBA/Magnaflow or single borla/MRT is tough decision.

Single upgrade = Get a better muffler, cheaper, easier to install

Dulas = looks much better, louder

So I guess it is rlly aesthetics over a price/performance combo

Any opinions here?
I'm pretty happy with my single Magnaflow. I've thought about going dual but everything I've read says you don't reall gain much performance switching to duals.
Old 05-16-2006, 07:39 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: teacherman

scrming, reading over your website was aggravating because it is making the choice more difficult. All though I would really like to find the Mo-flows the original poster asked about!!

Anyway, right when I had it in my mind that flowmaster was the way to go, I heard a JBA soundclip. Then I went and read your website about your MRT and how much you love it. It is truly a difficult choice. It's cool though that everyone offers so much help and even clips to listen to. My question though Scrming, for you, are you still keeping your single or will you ever switch to duals?
I will being keeping mine a single... I've come close to going to duals (strictly for looks) but I keep coming back to what Scott told me (i'm paraphrasing): We all know that a V6 will never sould like a V8. It's physically impossible. People see duals, they think big V8 sound... they hear your V6 and they are disappointed. People see single exhaust and they think whimpy V6 sound.... so why not surprise them with a big V6 sound from your single!

That made a lot of sense to me... so I will be staying with the single and continue to surprise people with my fine sound single exhaust! LOL!
Old 05-16-2006, 07:47 PM
teacherman
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scrming

We all know that a V6 will never sould like a V8. It's physically impossible. People see duals, they think big V8 sound... they hear your V6 and they are disappointed. People see single exhaust and they think whimpy V6 sound.... so why not surprise them with a big V6 sound from your single!

See, this statement makes too much sense to be just written off.