Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Police Problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2006, 09:57 PM
8cd03gro
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Police Problems

actually silver is only at 32% and it is the most popular car color right now....so its impossible for red to make up 36% of the market. Maybe you looked up the percentage for sports cars?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:22 PM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

I got a wreckless Driving charge back in December, and last week i got my 2nd wreckless Driving + illuding police officer [:@]. Don't ask, my liscense will be gone for a good while.
Old 05-16-2006, 10:28 PM
sonicblue05
3rd Gear Member

Ok Trill,
im no asking but did you run from the police officer lol?
Old 05-16-2006, 10:29 PM
TNT1968
2nd Gear Member

Usually cops don't sweat people in new cars that look like they cost some money. If you bling 'em out and/or bow leg a car you're gonna be harassed because they think (know) you are a kid.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:19 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

36% is what they said on 20/20 as a national figure...... but I can not personally attest to it.

Anyways I saw something really disturbing a few days ago.....

A police officer in an unmarked 2006 burgundy Ford Mustang GT........... I saw it lighted up like a xmas tree.

I guess be carefull whom you race!!!!
Old 05-16-2006, 11:28 PM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

I got pulled over once, for tinted license plate covers. Luckily the cop didn't ticket me for it, but he said he could have. Lame. But then again, I always treat them with respect, they have crappy jobs.
Old 05-16-2006, 11:49 PM
Torch_Vert
5th Gear Member

According to Dupont (major paint manufacturer) Bright red is on 3.8% of the cars out there, not 36%

I think 20/20 lost a decimal place somewhere.

Think about it. If red WAS 36% of cars, but only three percent of the traffic stops, that would mean red paint was an incredible defense against getting stopped.
Old 05-17-2006, 01:21 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

Trill.....lol tell us more about these illuding a police officer charges!!!
Old 05-17-2006, 02:04 AM
tomsa55
1st Gear Member

Most cops have learned from experince that young drivers are more at risk for an accident. They are just doing what they are taught, and thats teenage or young drivers are easy prey for a violation. Just pay atttention to the rules of the road, stop means stop, 35mph means 35mph not 39mph. Use your turn signals, seatbelts, ect and keep the wheels between the lines, this will not keep them from watching you but it might keep you alive and with cheaper insurance rates in the future.

Hangin there and don't get an attitutude toward the police when they are just doing their job.

I was driving way too fast the other day (100+ mph) when I topped a small hill, there was a motorcycle cop with laser aimed right at me.
I just slowed down, used my turn signals, waved at him as I went by and pulled over on the shoulder about 20 yards in front of him. He rode his bike up to my car, got off, came to my window and asked "What made you think I was coming after you" I told him I was the only one out here driving too fast and figured might as well pull over. This cop told me the laser clocked me at 98mph at 1900 yard, (which is beyound the calibrated range of 1600 yards but I keep my mouth shut) and wanted my Lic, registration, and prove of insurance. I said yes sir and told him it was in the glove box, he told me to get it. I gave the stuff to him, and waited while he went back to his motorbike. I was thinking ohh ****, that fast on a 60mph limit, I'm going to need a lawyer and some bail money. Any way the cop came back with my lic and stuff, handed it to me and told me he was not going to give me a waring, because I was "going too fast" but would only cite me for going 10 over as in 70mph in a 60mph zone. I said thankyou and I then told him about just getting the car and was just pushing it to see what it could do. He told me nice stang, liked the color, and to slow down. I turned the ticket over to an Lawyer friend at work, he got it negoitated down to an equip violation, but I got to pay triple fine and court cost as a deterrent. The cop remembered me from the car and didn't hesistate agree to the plea bargin with the court. So what I guess I'm trying to say, is just stay cool, don't get all upset when you get pulled over, be polite and remember to show respect. This will go far in reducing the impact of being young and driving a hot car which by design draws attention to your self.

good luck, and have fun driving.

ps i am 50 year old kid with the neatest looking car in high school
Old 05-17-2006, 04:37 AM
Shadowhax
2nd Gear Member

i have yet to get a ticket....with all 3 of the cars ive had, 66 stang, turboed focus ( >.> i didnt have a fart can muffler though or a big wing so :P ) , and now my new 05 stang.

guess i lucked out? i drive fast just ask Juntin_r hes seen me blazing down the roads.

Quick Reply: Police Problems