Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Mustang 05 Please read and show your support

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-2006, 01:23 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

Default Mustang 05 Please read and show your support

http://www.stripes.com/article.asp?s...9&archive=true

Please read this article and do you have same problem with your mustang ?
Thanks.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:33 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Mustang 05 Please read and show your support

I am sorry but that is one big boohoo sob story...Its a ****ing gas tank problem, go to the dealership and get the new one. my 06 has a new one and I have no problems. Just because there is a gas tank issue doesnt mean the entire car is crap and its a lemon...give me a break.
Old 05-19-2006, 01:49 PM
AWalls

I have an early 05 and do get an early auto shut-off at the pump sometimes. But that is due to the speed of the fuel comming out of the nozzel and it backing up in the "neck" of the gas tank. I just let the fuel drain into the tank and continue on with filling up. Doesn't cause any major delay. The same thing happens to my 03 Nissan Frontier......I think they must not know how to pump gas....lol or possibly the pumps in Europe are different than the states, who knows
Old 05-19-2006, 01:53 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

like I said, one big giant dramaqueen boohoo sob article...when I read that the only thing that comes to mind is "cry me a ****ing river"

There are TRUE Lemons out there that deserve attention that are a danger...this is a joke

Now if our 05/06 Mustangs had wheels that fell off, or something serious...then maybe I would give this more credit
Old 05-19-2006, 01:56 PM
hamidlmt
I ♥ Acer

a gas filling problem doesn't make a lemon. Why isn't this lad taking it back to the dealership demanding they make it right?

:::sigh::: I can never regain the time I wasted reading that article... and, for that matter...responding to it...

Ii think I need a [sm=icon_guiness.gif]
Old 05-19-2006, 02:27 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

First of there no mustang here in Europe. Dealer already replaced the fuel 3 times and same problem.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:32 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Take it to a different Dealer.

Also, yes the fuel thing can be a problem or a pain in the ***, but it does not make the car a lemon in anyway.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:39 PM
retired1af

ORIGINAL: mustangpogi

First of there no mustang here in Europe. Dealer already replaced the fuel 3 times and same problem.
There's a TSB dealing with the issue on the 2005 Mustang. The dealer needs to follow that TSB to the letter.

This is also one of the hazards of purchasing a vehicle through AAFES and having it delivered in country, especially a country that doesn't normally have that particular make and model within its dealerships.
Old 05-19-2006, 02:42 PM
turk30213

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk
Now if our 05/06 Mustangs had wheels that fell off, or something serious...then maybe I would give this more credit
Funny Story,
my rear passanger actually popped off... well, the tire at least. what was left of the rim stayed on. It was definately a safety issue. But my dealership didn't warranty it. They were going to give me a homie-hookup, but I decided to buy different rims and tires to avoid this happening again...

-Erik-
Old 05-19-2006, 03:01 PM
mustangpogi
2nd Gear Member

please reply with intelligent opinion only and suggestions on this article, it not my mustange but i am station with the guys and I have seen this car that why I need an intelligent opinions or solutions. Thank you

Quick Reply: Mustang 05 Please read and show your support