Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

no muffler questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2006, 12:52 PM
yurmom

Default no muffler questions

i took the muffler off of my car a couple of days ago, and i love it!
i know this is illegal, it is just temporary until i can save money for dual exhaust
last night my dad mentioned to me that i should think about putting it back on because it will mess up the tuning and damage the engine
i thought that it really didnt affect the engine that drastically, isnt it the same thing as having a straight pipe?
my dad is just nervous because he doesnt want me to screw up my car, and i figured i should research this, because he is paying for a large portion of the car, haha
so if anyone knows anything about this, like how much this affects the engine and the tuning, please let me know
thanks
Old 05-20-2006, 01:46 PM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Default RE: no muffler questions

ORIGINAL: yurmom

i know this is illegal, it is just temporary until i can save money for dual exhaust
last night my dad mentioned to me that i should think about putting it back on because it will mess up the tuning and damage the engine
i thought that it really didnt affect the engine that drastically, isnt it the same thing as having a straight pipe?
my dad is just nervous because he doesnt want me to screw up my car, and i figured i should research this, because he is paying for a large portion of the car, haha
so if anyone knows anything about this, like how much this affects the engine and the tuning, please let me know
thanks
Taking off the muffler won't hurt anything... personally i think it sounds pretty terrible with no muffler...
Old 05-20-2006, 02:34 PM
TheWillofDeath

What Scrming said. It wont affect your engine. I never really understood how backpressure works on the exhaust but I dont think that would be a problem.

Just my 2 cents. If your gonna drive around like that.. stay away from economists. [&:]
Old 05-20-2006, 02:41 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

+1 and +1

when i took off the muffler it was great for about 3 minutes till i relised the popping would drive me insane.

Paul
ORIGINAL: scrming

ORIGINAL: yurmom

thanks
Taking off the muffler won't hurt anything... personally i think it sounds pretty terrible with no muffler...