Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

First track times with the Turbo

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 12:08 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

Default First track times with the Turbo

Well, I finally got Stella turbo charged *** to the track tonight. I went to Old Dominion Drag way, which is the lowest quality track in my area. But it was the closest track and I was desperate for some track time. This is a 1/8 track so please keep that in mind.

First impressions: Spin City!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to learn how to launch all over again! Launching NA took a day to master, then launching with juice took 3 track visits to master, now I have to do it all over again with this turbo.

Here are the results, minus one time slip because of a printer malfunction. Royally pissed me off!!!!! Well, here you go:

1ST Run

• RT: .634
• 60: 2.29
• 1/8: 8.81
• MPH: 83.5

On the first run, I took it easy and launched at 1K RPM.

2ND Run

• RT: 1.178
• 60: 2.28
• 1/8: 8.76
• MPH: 83.9

Launched at around 1.2K RPM on this one.

3RD Run

• RT: .373
• 60: 2.37
• 1/8: 8.83
• MPH: 83.7

On this one, I launched at 1.5K RPM.

4TH Run

• RT: 1.043
• 60: 2.39
• 1/8: 8.84
• MPH: 84.0

I was hoping for better my first time out, but I remember how terrible my times were my first time out on the juice. I’m just going to have to work at it. Now, according to some people standing along the fence, there was a 8.5 that I ripped off, but that was when the printer malfunctioned so it doesn’t count because I have no slip.

I am still very happy with the turbo. Even with my terrible launches, I am still ripping off what looks like mid 13 second runs. I also didn’t heat up my Nittos which I should have done. And I was lazy tonight, I had a full bottle of nitrous in the trunk, the spare tire and my work laptop bag.

But now I have a base line, I will probably hit the 1/4 track the weekend of June 3. So there you have it, first time out. Of course I will scan my slips and post them tomorrow when I get to work.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:23 AM
Trill Gear Head
4th Gear Member

Default RE: First track times with the Turbo

first one to post nice numbers man

Hope to see some 1/4 times and better launches. If you can pull off a 13 1/2 w/ bad launches then just think whats its capable of when you get a good launch.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:25 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Trill Gear Head

first one to post nice numbers man

Hope to see some 1/4 times and better launches. If you can pull off a 13 1/2 w/ bad launches then just think whats its capable of when you get a good launch.
Thanks, I have a lot of work to do. Just as a point of reference, here is my 13.6 run with Nitrous:

• RT: .184
• 60: 2.07
• 1/8: 8.73
• MPH: 79.8
Old 05-25-2006, 12:29 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Where there alot of people giving you this look? [sm=jawdrop.gif] When they heard the BOV? LOL!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:31 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Where there alot of people giving you this look? [sm=jawdrop.gif] When they heard the BOV? LOL!
Yea, actually there were a crowd of people around the car in the staging lanes. Oh, I smoked two civics and an integra tonight. And those three were drooling over the car. The ricer/import guys love the turbos.

But man, I was spinning my tires like man.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:37 AM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Thats really cool man glad to hear you enjoying your stang, Hopefully next time youll get off the line better and get great times! OH by the way when do you think your going to get to the dyno?
Old 05-25-2006, 12:39 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Thats really cool man glad to hear you enjoying your stang, Hopefully next time youll get off the line better and get great times! OH by the way when do you think your going to get to the dyno?
Dynojet session is scheduled for June 3rd at 10am EST.
Old 05-25-2006, 12:39 AM
Harry_F
3rd Gear Member

we need sound clips!! i cant wait to hear that sexy BOV!!! great times for bad launches. lol your not even trying and you spin em' like crazy. i love ur turbo!!!!!
Old 05-25-2006, 12:45 AM
blackfoot
4th Gear Member

im sooooo envious... i just found out i can get 2 14B turbos (from talons) for like 200$ a pop, i could easily run Twin turbo on those 2 small things.. they will spool up quick too
Old 05-25-2006, 12:46 AM
rygenstormlocke
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: blackfoot

im sooooo envious... i just found out i can get 2 14B turbos (from talons) for like 200$ a pop, i could easily run Twin turbo on those 2 small things.. they will spool up quick too
Right on, do it man!!!!!!

Quick Reply: First track times with the Turbo