Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just installed my MRT axleback

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 03:45 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default just installed my MRT axleback

Haven't started the car yet though, because my exhaust tip is just barely touching the bumber...Suggestions? Not sure how hot the tip gets, but just in case don't wanna melt my bumber. Should I leave it this way or what...didn't notice when I took off the old muffler if it rubbed or not.

[IMG]local://upfiles/34733/EE44F1A052214EBC8E51F5F78FA546F4.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-25-2006, 04:43 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: just installed my MRT axleback

Ok I put a couple of rubber washers on to the last hanger bracket and that made a small difference, The tip is still just barely barely touching it, so I guess I'll give it a try...It's 20 till 2:00 am here, Not sure how loud this thing is...think I should start her up and take the chance of pissing off my neighbors? lol
Old 05-25-2006, 05:31 AM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Ok I like it....I like it alot...alot. It did get to hot for my bumper though, So I'm gonna have to adjust it more tomorrow. Plus it needs tightened somewhere, It had a bit of a rattle as I turned back into my neighborhood. May have just vibrated loose a little. I've got some drone too, not bad though. Seeing as how it's 2:30 in the freakin morning though I'm done for tonight. I'll see about tweaking it some in the morning. I REALLY don't want to have to take it off to bend the hangars, so hopefully I can do it while it's still attached. We'll see.

This is kinda like having a conversation with myself. LOL I hope I'm not the fourth person to reply to this, since I was the first second and not third LMAO! Just me du du du du nobody else du du dudu I have a forum all to myself du du dudu I got the lonely forum blues baby.

Ok I'm obviously tired LOMA I am
Old 05-25-2006, 07:32 AM
scrming
5th Gear Member

Ok... here is what I've seen the shops do.. loosen up the clamps for the axle pipe and mid-pipe and try rotating them a bit.. Scott did this on my car and it really moved the tip away from the bumper...

or you can just bend the hangers... LOL!

Oh, and it will take a few days for the muffler to break in... the sound just keep getting better and better...LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 11:20 AM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

yea u can just use a big pipe wrench on the hangers while it is still on the car.
Old 05-25-2006, 11:52 AM
xXxMUSTANGxXx
1st Gear Member

ahhh man i cant wait for you 2 post some video clips
and take some pictures from the side
thx man
Old 05-25-2006, 02:22 PM
jet22
2nd Gear Member

I love mine too... I am good freinds with my neighbor and he says his wife keeps wakeing up when I leave for work "Fu*&%$ Muffler!!!!" LOL!

anyway I love it and when you break it in it will start to sound kinda like a v8 on idel and low rpms [8D] You can tell it gives more power on the high band too
Old 05-25-2006, 03:12 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

Cool thanks John. I'll give that a try. Gonna head out right now as matter of fact and try it.
ORIGINAL: scrming

Ok... here is what I've seen the shops do.. loosen up the clamps for the axle pipe and mid-pipe and try rotating them a bit.. Scott did this on my car and it really moved the tip away from the bumper...

or you can just bend the hangers... LOL!

Oh, and it will take a few days for the muffler to break in... the sound just keep getting better and better...LOL
Old 05-25-2006, 07:15 PM
Britinastang
2nd Gear Member

yeah we need to hear sound clips...I got my FR muffler waiting to be installed. Should get it done tomorrow. Sound clip to follow.
Old 05-25-2006, 07:38 PM
blazen351
I ♥ Acer

I'll try and get some sound clps tonight, but it sounds awesome... I LOVE parking garages LMAO!!!

Quick Reply: just installed my MRT axleback