Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

black interior blues

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2006, 10:55 PM
Erdrickk
2nd Gear Member

Default black interior blues

dont get me wrong I love my mustang more then anything BUT I am slighttttlyy regretting going with a black interior. I spend 3-4 hours detailing the car inside and out every weekend and 2 days later of driving I can see every single spec of dust and crap, it drives me mad! I wipe everything down, then a day later all the dust is back and I can see it all.

this is my first car with a black interior, my previous car had a Tan Leather interior and didnt show dirt or dust nearly as much..o well
Old 05-25-2006, 11:00 PM
paulboy16
4th Gear Member

Default RE: black interior blues

dont u find the black is like SOOOOOOOOOOO hot in the summer???!!! i love leather dont get me rong but i couldnt stand another black leather interior.

Paul
Old 05-25-2006, 11:03 PM
chrisc
5th Gear Member

black looks cool...but it is eriosuly the hardest to maintain
every time my car detailed, but within 3 days the inside looked like there was dust on everything.

tip: carry eye glass cleaner swabs all the time so when you are in traffic you have something to do
Old 05-25-2006, 11:12 PM
waiting4thefunds
I ♥ Acer

Yeh I got a silver 05 with the black leather and all that good stuff. I don't mind putting the hours into detailing it every week, I pride myself on having a clean car. After I washing, vacuuming and all that I always find myself kicking my shoes together before I get in the car and pinching off the littlest pieces of dirt. But that quickly comes to a stop as soon as the first bird takes aim at my car. At that point I'm like SCREW IT!
Old 05-26-2006, 01:22 PM
Thomas Ford
2nd Gear Member

I ALMOST got the black leather interior but fortunately they had my color (Windveil Blue) in cloth right next to the leather one. A bit cheaper too. Ive heard the horror stories so I just got the tan cloth. Cooler and easier to maintain although I got black sheepskin covers for the two front seats..
Tom

[IMG]local://upfiles/34417/106E588805C84F0A88EFA7A31C603E87.jpg[/IMG]
Old 05-26-2006, 02:23 PM
JStang78
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

dont get me wrong I love my mustang more then anything BUT I am slighttttlyy regretting going with a black interior. I spend 3-4 hours detailing the car inside and out every weekend and 2 days later of driving I can see every single spec of dust and crap, it drives me mad! I wipe everything down, then a day later all the dust is back and I can see it all.

this is my first car with a black interior, my previous car had a Tan Leather interior and didnt show dirt or dust nearly as much..o well
SWIFFER. Seriously...two minutes going over the dash, console and doors and it looks like new. They cost about $4 for 5 pads and a handle piece at Target. I use a single pad for two or three dustings, even though you're probably only supposed to use it for one, so I get quite a bit of use out of $4.
Old 05-26-2006, 03:07 PM
Dats1NiceMustang
2nd Gear Member

Much Rather have clothe plus to 4 years from now clothe will still look good while leather is cracking
Old 05-26-2006, 03:22 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: JStang78

ORIGINAL: Erdrickk

SWIFFER. Seriously...two minutes going over the dash, console and doors and it looks like new. They cost about $4 for 5 pads and a handle piece at Target. I use a single pad for two or three dustings, even though you're probably only supposed to use it for one, so I get quite a bit of use out of $4.
^^+1
Old 05-26-2006, 04:22 PM
PistolPete
1st Gear Member

I have the Black Cloth interior (Fabric much cooler and it is a 'vert) With Sterling Silver exterior and this color combination is tough to beat. I don't mind too much vacuuming and wiping but my wife and kids think I'm crazy!
Remember you see stuff 98% of rest of people do not so keep it clean as you can and enjoy it.
Old 05-26-2006, 04:23 PM
LisaJ429
2nd Gear Member

i have noticed that my driver side seat on the side closest to the door is starting to look worn. thinking about getting seat covers.

Quick Reply: black interior blues