Notices
V6 S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V6 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT take-offs (missing anything?)

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2006, 11:24 AM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Default GT take-offs (missing anything?)

I know there are some GT bumper threads out here, specially SPARTAN VI's "Awsome documentation". But, I am about to purchase the take-off package from saleen, bumpers, side skirt and wheels/ tires.

My questions are to the ones who have bougth this package.....

a) Was everything you needed included..... (screws, foam filler, wiring harness, etc) do I need to purchase something from Ford to complete the swap?.

b) Was it as easy as SPARTAN VI instructions depict?.

c) Any recomendations?

d) How do you make the fog lights functional? Do I need to put in a switch in the interior?

Thanks for any pointers!!!!

Yeah After your kind comments I decided not to install the carbon 3d kit......

Old 05-26-2006, 11:55 AM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT take-offs (missing anything?)

b) Was it as easy as SPARTAN VI instructions depict?. Easier. Just have the recommended tools. Places where Spartan VI used nuts and bolts to hold lights in place I personally used 3/16 pop rivets. Much easier and no worry of backing out.

c) Any recomendations? Place on jack stands and take both front wheels off for a quicker install. Changing out the fender shields will be much easier.

d) How do you make the fog lights functional? Do I need to put in a switch in the interior? Order the Street Scene wiring kit from Summit Racing. Everything you need to install the fog lights. If you opt for using thier switch, by a step bit from Home Depot. Makes the install much easier. Have some needle noise pliers available to break-away some plastic molding on the inside of the switch.

On a different note. I doubt they will provide you with the deflector, mounting screws, bumper isolator etc. I suggest getting all your accessories from Kevin at Clevenger Ford. He was very helpful, knew all the parts I needed, and was cheaper than ALL my local dealerships. cleveparts@aol.com

Any other questions I will be happy to help. This is a very easy mod if your properly prepared.
Old 05-26-2006, 12:27 PM
tino
I ♥ Acer

Great Info amystery!!

Thanks
Old 05-26-2006, 01:27 PM
amystery2u
3rd Gear Member

No problem. Happy modding!!!